Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automatic Gearbox problem in Tipperary!

• 19-02-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello Folks,

I have a 2003 X type 2.5 V6 Automatic Jaguar.

It does not appear to be changing gears properly which is especially noticeable in the morning when i am going to work as there is a slight hill from my yard to the road which is about 150 yards out. Other than that it drives fine, except maybe when overtaking when it appears to not change gears correctly again.

Any ideas what is wrong with it or even who may be able to fix it for me around Nenagh or Tipperary town would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So gears still work but doesn't engage in time?
    There is no probs selecting D, N, or P?

Most of the mechanics are in the pale.
    www.dickensonjaguarspareparts.com is in WX but very good.
    Maybe www.bradleyjaguar.ie in Galway if that's closer, not indys but very good.

Btw, you should join a couple of the Jag forums around. Maybe someone there would know better what the issue can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Thanks Biko,

But i live near Tipperary and work in Nenagh, so i am looking for a mechanic in the Tipperary / Limerick / Nenagh area who has good experience of Automatic gearboxes to try to fix the issue.

What about Ford garages as the X type are similar to a Mondeo ?

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello All,

There is now an Red engine light that looks like the brake one starting to come on intermittently on the dash. What does that mean?:confused:

Regards,

Chevy RV

I checked in some Jag forums for you.
    That's the engine or transmission problem light (power train).

It could be something like a sensor needing replacement, only a Jag mechanic can say for sure.

You can google "jaguar powertrain light"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,505 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I wouldn't drive it further without expert advice.

Normally, a fluid / filter change works wonders. With a GETRAG box, refilling is not straightforward (and the level is critical), afair.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement