Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commuting and need vehicle to tow? suggestions?

Options
  • 26-09-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a jeep or something for towing but would also be suitable for me to commute to work in?
    I'm not unrealistic and know it will be expensive to commute but I want to get the best jeep possible to avoid unnecessary costs. I was thinking of a 2 litre jeep? I currently drive a 1.4l petrol opel astra and its costing me 60e a week to commute. I need the jeep to tow a horsebox at the weekend but not much more towing than that. Could anyone suggest a jeep that they use and think is good and reliable? does anyone else commute in a jeep and how do they find it?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Hyundai Santa Fe from 07 or later are a great all rounder. Surprisingly economical too.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

What are you towing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

What's your budget?

I have a Skoda Yeti 2.0 140HP 4x4. It's a great car Monday to Friday and would easily tow anything on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭HOBO123

I have up to 10k preferably spend as little as possible though. And tax will be important

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭HOBO123

And sorry towing a horsebox with no partition and a 15.2 horse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement