Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New tyres in Cork city

Options
  • 16-06-2016 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Plan on changing the tyres for my VW Golf and looking for mid-priced with size 205/55 in Cork City. Any recommended dealers and brands? Was thinking Hankook, Michelin and Bridgestone.

Is it advisable to ensure the the front or rear tyres are are new as possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Forge Hill Tyres always sorted me out. No issue fitting online tyres either.

First stop in togher I find them excellent. They usually do offers like if you get the tracking done (which you should do after fitting tyres) you can get it checked and redone anytime for a year etc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I used first stop too and liked them. I usually phone a few places and ask for prices on premium tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Plan on changing the tyres for my VW Golf and looking for mid-priced with size 205/55 in Cork City. Any recommended dealers and brands? Was thinking Hankook, Michelin and Bridgestone.

Is it advisable to ensure the the front or rear tyres are are new as possible?
    Tyres with more tread on the rear.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Be weary of fast fit in Togher fitting tyres. I used them a lot over the years for tyres (and recommended them on here) but a couple of weeks ago they damaged an alloy of mine, either when yer man clipped a ramp driving it in or when swapping the tyres. Met with complete silence since so it tells a lot of their customer service.

Found Mike's tyres in Fermoy pretty decent for prices, little bit of a spin but he was very competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

John Banks Tyres were good to deal with I find.

Be weary of fast fit in Togher fitting tyres..........

Very Advance ish, except it's more obvious they are target driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Augeo wrote: »
    Very Advance ish, except it's more obvious they are target driven.

They didn't always be like that but I'd agree now. Not the cheapest either but I assumed the service would be worth the extra. Obviously not...

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

+1 for John Banks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

One more for ForgeHill Tyres and John Banks. Dealt with both of them when I was living in Cork, top level folks. They'll go the extra mile to source exactly what you want/need, contrary to most others in Cork who try to shift their stash of low-cost rubbish on customers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement