Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Schools in Shankill to Killiney

Options
  • 18-11-2013 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any opinion, good or bad, on primary schools in the Shankill to Killiney area? We're considering
    • Rathmichael (Shankill)
    • St. Annes (Shankill)
    • Dalkey School Project (Glenageary)
    • Johnstown (Killiney)
    • Glenageary and Killiney National School (Killiney)

Religious elligibility will obviously be a factor, but leaving that aside does anyone have any recent, first hand experience of any of these schools?

Thanks.

(Mods, I wasn't sure whether this should go here or in the Schools forum, please move it if you see fit)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

josip wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any opinion, good or bad, on primary schools in the Shankill to Killiney area? We're considering
    • Rathmichael (Shankill)
    • St. Annes (Shankill)
    • Dalkey School Project (Glenageary)
    • Johnstown (Killiney)
    • Glenageary and Killiney National School (Killiney)

Religious elligibility will obviously be a factor, but leaving that aside does anyone have any recent, first hand experience of any of these schools?

Thanks.

(Mods, I wasn't sure whether this should go here or in the Schools forum, please move it if you see fit)

Not first hand, but I have friends with children in the last three on your list and they all speak highly of the schools.

All three are difficult to get in to though unless you are local.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd recommend Scoil Phádraig in Ballybrack, great little school. If you search the forum there have been several of these threads in the last year or so that will give you opinions on most schools.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Kill O'the Grange National School, Deansgrange.
    Highly recommended by friends (3 kids there).

next door to the NCT test centre.

Slight off the route alright, but maybe within range?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Within range, but more of a Big Bertha off tee rather than a pitching wedge up close. Would include it as a plan B in case we don't get anything closer.

The 2008-2010 baby boom is making things a bit more competitive than a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

josip wrote: »
    Within range, but more of a Big Bertha off tee rather than a pitching wedge up close. Would include it as a plan B in case we don't get anything closer.

The 2008-2010 baby boom is making things a bit more competitive than a few years ago.

My daughter is at a church of Ireland school. This is the first year in recent memory that they have taken only CofI children in. It has been a difficult decision, but it had become so competitive for places they stuck to the entrance criteria strictly and didn't get past the first tier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement