Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bill pay plan and network

Options
  • 18-02-2015 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I've being with O2 since 2004. If anything, the service is getting dearer. Contract is up in April. Any one have and good bill pay plans to recommend if and other network?

My current plan is €65 for all calls and texts are free to all networks with 3GB. So something similar but cheaper!

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

ChewyLewy wrote: »
    I've being with O2 since 2004. If anything, the service is getting dearer. Contract is up in April. Any one have and good bill pay plans to recommend if and other network?

My current plan is €65 for all calls and texts are free to all networks with 3GB. So something similar but cheaper!

Thanks !
    How many calls/texts would you send in an average month?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ChewyLewy

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    How many calls/texts would you send in an average month?

I'd say near 800 texts (to various networks) and maybe 300 mins of talk. I'd rarely use up the 3gb data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'd say near 800 texts (to various networks) and maybe 300 mins of talk. I'd rarely use up the 3gb data

Have a look at tescos €25 sim only plan.
    Unlimited calls/texts and data.

www.tescomobile.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Thanks !

eMobile €24 per month, unlimited calls and texts to all networks including landlines & 5GB of data. 30 day SIM only contract...and unlike O2 or Tesco it already has 4G. However, you must already have or be prepared to buy it with another eircom product such as Broadband or phone.

http://www.emobile.ie/eircom-customer-sim-only-plans/

If you think you don't need too much data or you don't have fixed broadband or phone, then another alternative is Meteor MEGA SIMO 4G - €24 per month including unlimited calls and texts and 1G of data. If you occasionally need more data, you can buy a 1G add-on for €5 when you need more.

https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tun_80

Hey guys I just felt the need to vent some frustration here, I've been with eircom and emobile since Dec 2013 my Eircom is approx €60 a month and my emobile is €39, so around €100 a month, I had planned on upgrading my note 2 to note 4 but emobile have increased all their flagship phones by €100+ so I said ah what the hell my note 2 is still going strong I won't bother, I then noticed that the exact same plan I'm on but sim free is €24, so essentially your subsidising an expensive phone by €15 a month, I rang them to switch to sim free but in order to do this you have to ring the cancellation department who will switch you to pay as you go and the back onto bill, I rang the number numerous times and have literally spent hours on hold without anyone answering, yet if you ring sales it's near instant, it's insanely frustrating and I would expect allot better service for my €100 a month, landline and mobile is coming out now if I can ever get a response, but even ringing sales you'll just eventually get transfered to the non responsive cancellation line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DraganGTD

That's a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ChewyLewy

DraganGTD wrote: »

That's a good deal.

Is the signal any good ? Fast 3G ?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

www.tescomobile.ie

Data is not unlimited - it is 15 Gb per month - which is still very good.

Their international call rates are very cheap also

No 4G

Advertisement