Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 Network

Options
  • 21-01-2015 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

What are 48 like in terms of coverage in Dublin ?
    I'm currently on a €40 a month plan I got when I bought my iPhone 2 years ago, but that ended in December. I'm 19 so I want to join 48 while I still can and get the €10 a month plan (300 minutes, texts to any network and 1Gb internet.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They use o2 infrastructure so if an o2 sim card is good in your area 48 will be

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

I also want to try them out. But one thing that worries me:

If I wish to move from them, how / who do I contact to keep my number??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Julabo wrote: »
    I also want to try them out. But one thing that worries me:

If I wish to move from them, how / who do I contact to keep my number??

E-mail only

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

What are 48 like in terms of coverage in Dublin ?
    I'm currently on a €40 a month plan I got when I bought my iPhone 2 years ago, but that ended in December. I'm 19 so I want to join 48 while I still can and get the €10 a month plan (300 minutes, texts to any network and 1Gb internet.

€25 per month, 10000 mins/texts and 15GB data with Tesco Mobile. Just a suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Saipanne wrote: »
    €25 per month, 10000 mins/texts and 15GB data with Tesco Mobile. Just a suggestion.

Tesco also use o2 infrastructure OP, they have a talkto forum here for issues:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1542

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Saipanne wrote:

For €20.33 each month, Three will give you unlimited data and 350 units. 1 unit = 1 minute of talk or 2 texts. You can get out at 30 days' notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

jrmb wrote: »
    For €20.33 each month, Three will give you unlimited data and 350 units. 1 unit = 1 minute of talk or 2 texts. You can get out at 30 days' notice.

Hmm, depends on what you use your phone for. I don't stream on my data plan, so I never use much data. The 10000 mins are amazing, for me. That's what sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

[QUOTE=Hollister11;93935069. I'm 19 so I want to join 48 while I still can and get the €10 a month plan (300 minutes, texts to any network and 1Gb internet.[/QUOTE]
    48 don't give a toss how old you are. I'm over 60 (years, not months) and they sent me a SIM.

Advertisement