Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Catastrophe (C4)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

FunLover18 wrote: »

But I'm sure he knows she was just acting.

D'ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

D'ya think?

Well, then, what's the big deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 IrishBelle

Love this show. Best line of the first episode had to be about the "white walker toenails". :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    She wore it before too.

She had a scene in this, or in Pulling where they're watching Shane score the winning try against England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I wonder how they'll deal with Carrie Fisher's death, or did she film series 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I wonder how they'll deal with Carrie Fisher's death, or did she film series 3?

Finished it the day before she died

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rob and Sharon are on The Last Leg tonight

Hilarious episode this week. I think Catastrophe would actually benefit being expanded to a hour long format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Hilarious episode this week. I think Catastrophe would actually benefit being expanded to a hour long format.

annnnd the quality remains very good this week!

I think the 30mins slot is perfect for it, as it generally has a good pace to each episode, you can break the episode up into multiple sketches really that almost always have a gag or two, not sure if that would slow down or become a bit repetitive over an hour!
    If its not broke etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭brian_t

The RTE Guide reports that Rob Delaney confirmed that series 4 wrapped filming back in July.

Channel 4 has no air-date for it yet.
    New guest stars joining the Catastrophe clan, meanwhile, are Broadchurch star Julie Hesmondhalgh and Sex and the City’s Chris Noth, alongside Michaela Watkins (Casual), comedian David Alan Grier, Nat Faxon (Friends from College) and Brian Gleeson (Love/Hate).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

heard Sharon Horgan on the radio a couple of weeks ago, it won't be on until the new year she thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FYI - Rob Delaney confirmed it's back for it's final season next month..

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1068920439731236864?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The fourth and final season will premiere on Channel 4 on Tuesday January 8th at 10pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

So happy it's back, and so relieved it's as great as ever.

Watching this validates the way I run my life! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

“I’m not a fugitive, I turned myself in”. In knots straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Twas a very good opener.. writing is still so sharp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Crying laughing at the last minute of that. Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Soooooooo
    Did Sharon and Rob make it back to shore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

den87 wrote: »
    Soooooooo

My money is on yes ;) Saw an interview with Sharon and she mentioned
    that
    it's over for now but didn't rule out the idea of them getting together again at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

den87 wrote: »
    Soooooooo
    More like
    Did the kids die or get very sick because they were in a locked car with the windows closed on a hot sunny day on a beach in America?

I'd say that unless they make another series sometime, they all live happily ever after.

I thought it was a good way to finish the story and a good way to include the late Carrie Fisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Anyone know where the last episode was filmed? Location looked amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Great ending to a great series.

Really sorry to see this show end.
    Hope it gets the credit it deserves.

Does anyone know where I can watch Sharon's show 'Divorce' with Sarah Jessica Parker?
    Is it any good?

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can watch Sharon's show 'Divorce' with Sarah Jessica Parker?
    I watched last year and enjoyed it. I borrowed the DVD from the Library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Addle wrote: »
    Is it any good?

Sky Atlantic had the first 2 series of it, so I'm guessing they'll show on their box sets/catch-up at some point if they are not already there.

It's a decent show - not up to the standards of Catastrophe - but good enough. The main characters are far less likable than Sharon and Rob, but I think that's deliberate and a really clever bit of writing by Horgan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

It was a poor, very disjointed last season with no direction. Not a patch on previous seasons.

What was the point of introducing his new boss in work or even the new headmaster ??

Also, why leave it so open with the final scene ??

I think the final scene was to show that
    they're a genuine couple, not just together for the kids. I'm glad it was left open ended, as I want hope for more Catastrophe!

And I think the other characters were introduced to give the main characters a reality check!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

rushfan wrote: »
    Anyone know where the last episode was filmed? Location looked amazing.

I had thought maybe Brighton but it's actually Whitstable, Kent.
    http://www.thebeaconhouse.co.uk/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

s8n wrote: »
    It was a poor, very disjointed last season with no direction. Not a patch on previous seasons.

What was the point of introducing his new boss in work or even the new headmaster ??

Added impetus for them to leave London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

s8n wrote: »

I thought the the same, it was like every episode was a one off storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Effects wrote: »
    I had thought maybe Brighton but it's actually Whitstable, Kent.
    http://www.thebeaconhouse.co.uk/index.html

Only watched the first three episodes of the most recent series but wandered in here for a look. But had to comment on that house, I was at a wedding in it last August. It is incredible, lovely little thing and then just sat down on the garden and watched sun go down. Cant wait to see it in the show.

I have enjoyed the first episodes so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

threein99 wrote: »
    I thought the the same, it was like every episode was a one off storyline.

Couldnt agree more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive loved this show from Day 1 but was not overly impressed with the final episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I thought the first and last episodes of this season were forcing it a bit but the others were great. Better than Season 3 anyway. I was taken aback by the ending but not offended by it. The thing I thought was off colour was Rob's tirade at Sharon. Like they fall out every couple of episodes but that was unbelievably over the top.

I thought the first and last episodes of this season were forcing it a bit but the others were great. Better than Season 3 anyway. I was taken aback by the ending but not offended by it. The thing I thought was off colour was Rob's tirade at Sharon. Like they fall out every couple of episodes but that was unbelievably over the top.

Yeah that’s actually the bit that I didn’t get in that episode. Loved the series but not the finale

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Well his mam just died and his alco dad just turned up. Not exactly the run of the mill week.

Advertisement