Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All day parking in navan

Options
  • 02-12-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Will be starting a job in navan in new year.

Will be on abbey street and I will be coming from kentstown direction.

Anyone able to suggest somewhere for handy affordable all day parking?

I have googled and saw car park at fire station mentioned for 2 something a day. Is still the case? Any other suggestions?

Any help or advice would be appreciated as I am not familiar with navan. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

There's one on Brews Hill at the Navan O'Mahonys ground and it's €3 per day. The on at Fire Station might be the same but it's always very busy.There is also one at the Ramparts on the way in from Kentstown that's about the same money but it's a walk into the town & I'm not sure how safe it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

The one opposite the fire station will very close to abbey road. €2.40 a day. I found if you are there at 8.50 there is always a space. After that is a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Oh if you are travelling in from Kentstown direction you may want to give yourself an extra 10 mins as it can be horrendous from the railway bridge down with congestion. Mainly when its the school run.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭United Park

Thanks for the replies. I aim to be in naval for 8 o clock, so hoping to avoid traffic in morning?

Plan to hold off and leave at about 415, so the traffic at school coming in from kentstown will have died down.

Fingers crossed the commute goes ok for me traffic wise (have had 15 years commuting to Dublin on train, so big change for me!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

kc66 wrote: »
    The one opposite the fire station will very close to abbey road. €2.40 a day. I found if you are there at 8.50 there is always a space. After that is a lottery.

Does anybody know if this carpark has cctv. Arrived to car park yesterday after work to find some fuker had hit my car and drove off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Thanks for the replies. I aim to be in naval for 8 o clock, so hoping to avoid traffic in morning?

Plan to hold off and leave at about 415, so the traffic at school coming in from kentstown will have died down.

Fingers crossed the commute goes ok for me traffic wise (have had 15 years commuting to Dublin on train, so big change for me!!!)
    The traffic will be fine before 8.

Best of luck with the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Does anybody know if this carpark has cctv. Arrived to car park yesterday after work to find some fuker had hit my car and drove off.

Doubt it ...and it doesn't help when the sign would probably say parked at owners risk or something

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Vego wrote: »
    Doubt it ...and it doesn't help when the sign would probably say parked at owners risk or something

Yeah the council came back to me and said there is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

if yer paying for car park, surely theres some comeback if your car is damaged, no matter what sign says

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

chrysagon wrote: »
    if yer paying for car park, surely theres some comeback if your car is damaged, no matter what sign says

Nope

• Advertisement
Advertisement