Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vogue Shower

Options
  • 06-09-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I need to find a replacement valve for a Vogue shower and as the company is closed does anyone know where I might get the part. Have tried loads of places including Smallmans in Ranelagh with no luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Are you sure Vogue is the make? Sounds more like a model?
    Can you post a photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 annconvery

Vogue Bathrooms only sold their own brand, unfortunately no one else stocks parts from what I can see. Damn expensive too.

Can you put up a photo?

I don't believe Vogue ever made showers. ( I could be wrong). I've checked all the shower part websites & Vogue aren't listed on any. I'm pretty sure you'll find they bought these showers in from a factory that supplies other companies.

Have you tried http://www.voguebathrooms.com/
    Website seems to be alive & well.

Did you get sorted|?

Vogue Bathrooms have gone bust even though their website is still up and running. They sold showers under their own name, cannot find any information about where they purchased them except that is was from china. So still in the same boat, two knackered showers which cost me approx. €1800 and lasted only a few years.

• Advertisement

annconvery wrote: »
    Vogue Bathrooms have gone bust even though their website is still up and running. They sold showers under their own name, cannot find any information about where they purchased them except that is was from china. So still in the same boat, two knackered showers which cost me approx. €1800 and lasted only a few years.

Sorry to hear that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Another legacy of times we are in.
    You might have to cut your losses on them and replace them with something more reliable.
    Go for a high end Mira shower valve next time. They last for years and parts are readily available for them. You can still get parts for 15 - 20 year old Mira shower valves! Thats the type of backup I prefer to rely on.

Believe it or not you can still get parts for the old models of the mira exel. Some of these ore 35 years old :)
    I honestly don't think you can beat mira or triton for quality

Delighted to say that on the advice of an engineering friend I soaked the valve in vinegar and its now working, obviously was jammed with limescale.

Advertisement