Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing main water valve. Cutting of the water to semi detached house.

• 18-09-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hello All,

I live in a semi detached house in Mulhuddart area.

House is around 30 years old and main water valve in the kitchen is leaking slighly. How can I cut off the water to the house so that the valve can be replaced? Do I call Fingal City Council?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Get a plumber in. He'll shut it off on the road & replace your valve. You'll only pay a call out fee.

Before you do that can you post a pic of where it is leaking? Quite ofter it is only the gland nut needs tightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Thanks for tip Sleeper12.
    Does all plumbers have authority to shut water off on the street? Will they know where to look for this water-shut-off point? Will this affect my neighbours?

I was informed about the gland-nut and tightening indeed works, but I was also advised that since its so old I should replace it anyway.

Any opinions?

Thanks guys and gals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭meercat

If you recently had a water meter fitted then you can turn it off from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

I got the water-application letter alright, but no sign of the new meter.

Guess will need to wait a bit for this.

Advertisement