Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emptying Septic Tank

Options
  • 18-09-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, just wanted to know how much it should cost to have a septic tank emptied.
    Also are there a list of companies registered to do this in the Cork area.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Hi, just wanted to know how much it should cost to have a septic tank emptied.
    Also are there a list of companies registered to do this in the Cork area.
    Thanks.

Quite a few listed in the Cork golden pages for all areas. Phone them for cost.
    The more local to you = lower cost

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Last time I got mine emptied it was in 2012 - it cost approx €250 - daylight robbery if you ask me! I can't remember the name of the company but they all quoted around the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

DIF wrote: »
    Last time I got mine emptied it was in 2012 - it cost approx €250 - daylight robbery if you ask me! I can't remember the name of the company but they all quoted around the same price.

In what way do you consider it Daylight Robbery?

Presuming the company was legit, then that price included VAT which goes to the government.
    From the net figure of 220.00 euro they also have to pay for their licence to carry waste material and pay for the fee to dispose of it.
    The cost of the Tanker, drivers wages, motor insurance, road tax, diesel to get to you and then to the disposal plant and public liability insurance.
    And hopefully, after all it is a business, a bit of profit. But I don't see it being very much out of 220 euro.

Advertisement