Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Air con - 2010 Passat

Options
  • 22-06-2015 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Up until recently I thought my a/c was working fine as air coming out was cool on warm muggy type days and it demisted in winter but the other day with outside temp of 25 it just seemed to be blowing warm air.

How can I tell if compressor is failing or if gas is too low?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you know when it was regassed last? An air con tech can check if system is good and all it needs is regas.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭teach nua

I don't, have only owned car for 9 months, okay will get gas checked, would gas levels drop over time?

Yeah, it needs to be done every few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

biko wrote: »
    Yeah, it needs to be done every few years.

It shouldnt have to if the air con is used regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KildareKid

I had my 2011 Passat at the dealers yesterday and he told me that the compressor was 'fecked' and it would cost € 740 plus the price of the gas. (150 - 350 depending on the type of gas) Hope this is not the case with you but does anyone know anyone that repairs these or somewhere I could start looking.

• Advertisement

Get an opinion from http://kilcockradiators.com/vehicle-air-conditioning/
    I assume you're in Kildare? If not provide location when you ask for recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KildareKid

Thanks Biko, Yeah sorry, forgot to give my location. I'm living in Laois now (originally Kildare). I could travel to Kilcock though, if it meant saving a few hundred quid. Will check them out, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Dero

You could try Cool Car in Portlaoise. They fixed my air-con recently and they did a good job. I had a leaking pipe near the condenser which was tricky to diagnose (tiny leak; barely visible with UV).

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Reading this thread with interests. I've a 01 avensis with a broken air con pump compressor..where in Clare/ Limerick would I be able to get it reconditioned? I've tried Google no joy. Tia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Who diagnosed you have a broken air con pump compressor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

The guy I bought it off told me he was quoted 130 euro to recon the pump. He put a smaller belt on the car so as not to run it. I'm assuming the bearings were rattling mad. It was lashing rain the day i bought it and it never crossed my mind to ask him who quoted him that. It'll have to be fully regassed anyway after fitting a recon pump. Prob not worth my while but i do like to have everything working as it should

Advertisement