Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many beers do you drink a week ?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am having about 8-10 per week, large wheat beers they are, how about you ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Too many.
    Way too many? 😨

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Its 6 pints for €20 on a sunday night hereabouts.so 6 a week

mp22 wrote: »
    Its 6 pints for €20 on a sunday night hereabouts.so 6 a week
    Just six a week, very sensible, good value though, where's that ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Bantry in west cork.its only on a Sunday night.

• Advertisement

cool, you must have an easy Monday at work

cool, you must have an easy Monday at work
    Please note the forum I mod!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Crate of long-necks a week, usually from the Sierra Nevada range

DLMA23 wrote: »
    Crate of long-necks a week, usually from the Sierra Nevada range
    Nice and steady so, very sensible

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lee_Torre

Probably 4-6, it depends on my fitness goals in that time period. Right now 0, but I'll be back to my beer in a month or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

About 16 pints a week, 2 sessions of 8 pints, mostly drink perlenbacher in the house, keeps me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Back when I drank only beer it was around 8 beers a night. Now I start my evening with 2 beers followed by around 700ml of rum. Still functional. :cool:

chupacabra wrote: »
    Back when I drank only beer it was around 8 beers a night. Now I start my evening with 2 beers followed by around 700ml of rum. Still functional. :cool:

Your messing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Used to be 40+

Down to around 20 - 24 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Your messing ?

No, I drink an insane amount of alcohol. Cutting back a bit now seeing as I live in the middle of nowhere and there are no pubs around me and drinking at home is boring.

chupacabra wrote: »
    No, I drink an insane amount of alcohol. Cutting back a bit now seeing as I live in the middle of nowhere and there are no pubs around me and drinking at home is boring.

Yes there's only so many movies you can watch having a few, gets boring, although if your at home you don't tend to go over board

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

None

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

How many beers have you got? :p

Monday night is beer night, head to a local bar and drink local beer. Drink beer other nights too but the Monday night session is a sure thing every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

About 12 craft bottles a week. 3 sessions of 4 bottles.

Just drink at home as pub is expensive and generally getting too old for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

seamusk84 wrote: »
    About 12 craft bottles a week. 3 sessions of 4 bottles.

Just drink at home as pub is expensive and generally getting too old for it.

Just turned 90, eh? :D

Me? 2 or 3 a week, always at home with the OH on the weekends.

I'd like it to be higher, but unfortunately the country I live in doesn't have much of a pub culture (rural France)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

I would say probably bout a 15pack a week. Maybe more if theres a party :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

probably 8-12 a fortnight, usually in one sitting. Would do it weekly if the mrs didn't moan so much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

mp22 wrote: »
    Please note the forum I mod!!!

Grand life for you. Spending 90 quid a month on the pub.

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Grand life for you. Spending 90 quid a month on the pub.
    grand altogether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

about 9 a night

braddun wrote: »
    about 9 a night

Every night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

For me it depends.

I didnt drink any alcohol (bar the odd 1 or two at parties) up until around 3 years ago until I became a proffesional chef then it went downhill from there.

There was a stage where it could be 40+ pints a week but now its about 15-20 a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

16 x 500ml or 24 x 355ml craft beers a week, usually IPA's of the very hoppy variety.

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    16 x 500ml or 24 x 355ml craft beers a week, usually IPA's of the very hoppy variety.

Nice some of the hoppy ones I do not like, Weiss beer is lovely, but if I drank six 500ml I would be drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

20-24 a week

Advertisement