Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Mobile

Options
  • 16-09-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've been a bill pay customer with Vodafone for about 12/14 years. I don't use the phone very much. I am on the cheapest tariff I've never gone anywhere close to my limit. My bills are generally around €25 per month.

I am eligible for an upgrade and am considering getting the Samsung S3. In order to do this, I would have to change my tariff (€40.00 per month) and pay €150 for the phone for a 24 month contract.

I could move over to 3 Mobile. The tariff would be €41 per month and the phone would be free. This is for a 24 month contract.

Just want peoples opinion about 3. Is it a good network and is it reliable?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

micar wrote: »
    Hi

I've been a bill pay customer with Vodafone for about 12/14 years. I don't use the phone very much. I am on the cheapest tariff I've never gone anywhere close to my limit. My bills are generally around €25 per month.

I am eligible for an upgrade and am considering getting the Samsung S3. In order to do this, I would have to change my tariff (€40.00 per month) and pay €150 for the phone for a 24 month contract.

I could move over to 3 Mobile. The tariff would be €41 per month and the phone would be free. This is for a 24 month contract.

Thanks

It is reliable and works well for me but if I was you, try and get a prepay 3 sim and use it for a while before you decide to move over. If you don't use the phone very much, it may not be best to tie yourself into a long contract with a high end phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

Hi
    I currently have the Samsumg Wave which I have about 2 years. Initially, I had the internet on it but I never worked so I cancelled it. There is no issue where i have free wifi and can link up to the wifi at home. I have only downloaded about 2 apps in it. That's terrible!!!
    The zoom on the camera stopped working last year.
    I'm not mad into technology but would like to get more involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Hi
    I currently have the Samsumg Wave which I have about 2 years. Initially, I had the internet on it but I never worked so I cancelled it. There is no issue where i have free wifi and can link up to the wifi at home. I have only downloaded about 2 apps in it. That's terrible!!!
    The zoom on the camera stopped working last year.
    I'm not mad into technology but would like to get more involved.

There is a lot of apps you can use for android! The phone is great but if you test the network where you live and where you use the phone, you can test the network out!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Hagrid101

I dealt with 3 for Mobile Broadband - always had trouble with it.

Customer Care - 3/10. ( I note that this seems to be a regular remark made. )

Coverage - 4/10. (Living in Dublin City - excuses included - distance from exchange, roof of house, computer problems)

Result = I was offered an upgraded Broadband key which I tried and it was no better. The contract was terminated without penalties due to some limitation clause - where the product did not suit the customer.

Thoughts - Didn't do the job I wanted it to do, so wouldn't go back again.

Recently considered 3 for the attractive deals they do for the iPhone. Forum research brought back memories of my own dealings.

Concluded - for an iPhone - it may be better to go with another network.

Noted - one friend has the iphone4s with 3 on bill. So far no complaints. Another friend is on 3 PayAsYouGo. Lack of coverage in areas of the city, particularly in home. (Roof/distance from exchage excuse?)

Overall conclusion - I'd consider paying more for reliability. Quite frustrating having a smartphone limited by network issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 eire27

I would advise you to stay a mile away from 3 mobile! They are an absolute disaster to deal with - that is my experience of them anyhow. Also, there are many more better deals out there than 3! Check out Meteor! Call them and talk to them - they may offer you a deal based on your usage. I know somebody that got a deal recently just by speaking to them. They are hard to beat.
    Hi

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Three were offering the SIII for free if you locked yourself into a 2 year contract with them.

Only in the last 2 weeks they've increased the price and are now looking for €39 AND a 2 year contract.

I called customer service, but they won't give me the phone for free even though I'm out of contract with them and was on a €40.66 a month contract for 1.5 years with them and a light phone user.

Seems more worth my while buying an unlocked phone and getting a pay as you go phone at this stage.

Customer retention is obviously not a priority for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

3 mobile is down in dublin,you can't log in and send webtext .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

Tesco is ok for webtext at the minute.

Advertisement