Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vbulletin forum software - costs?

Options
  • 20-07-2011 4:13pm

I visit a forum with phpbb and it's awful. I much prefer the vbulletin used on boards.ie for example. How much does vbulletin cost? Is it a once off payment or an annual thing? I visited their website but I am still not clear on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

So it's $195 for the no-bells and whistles version? But when a new version comes out do you have to pay $195 again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

You get a discount. But yo are under no obligation to upgrade. It's probably best to visit their forums to see if they plan a major version upgrade any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

So it's $195 for the no-bells and whistles version? But when a new version comes out do you have to pay $195 again?

It's all very confusing really, I somehow managed to upgrade to 4.0 foc even though I hadn't renewed my license in about 3 years.

I find their members' area UX bloody awful. I spent about twenty minutes last night going around in circles looking for a patch they advised people to upgrade to. In the end I had to email support for the link.

The software and support is great though.

If your forum traffic is high enough I'd definitely recommend you upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The v4 license covers you for all point versions / updates / upgrades of v4.

If / when a v5 comes out you'll probably have to pay for the upgrade, but you should be able to keep v4 until they kill it off completely

• Advertisement
Advertisement