Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin screed of Sand-Cement

Options
  • 30-06-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have a very uneven Concrete Driveway, and need to level before i get a contractor to apply Resin Bonded aggregate,
    It needs filling out from 3mm-12mm,I have no problem with the screeding, but it is very light and my concern is about it adhering to the original concrete.
    My intention is to lay a mix of 3-1 sand and cement with ronafix added,
    does anyone know of a better product for this job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Fordpefect wrote: »
    I have a very uneven Concrete Driveway, and need to level before i get a contractor to apply Resin Bonded aggregate,
    It needs filling out from 3mm-12mm,I have no problem with the screeding, but it is very light and my concern is about it adhering to the original concrete.
    i am interested in this also, as i need to fix up a patio a bit, with a thin layer, anyone help us, advice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Fordpefect wrote: »

Why would you want to do the screed and not the contractor? If there is ever a performance/warranty problem, this would impact and a very blurred line in terms of liability?

I would think you're stuck between a rock and a very hard place. Resin bonded surfaces do require a stable and level base, 3mm variance isn't much to make up but 12mm would be. I would doubt very much even with a (1:1 mix) you could expect such a thin screed to remain stable even as a sub base in a Driveway.

What did the contractor suggest? If I were on you, I would shift the liability onto the installer to complete all aspects of the installation, otherwise if there is any cracking, liability and responsibility would be very clear.

Advertisement