Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your hangover breakfast??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

greetings wrote: »
    I like to keep some chinese left over from the night before,I tend to get a curry when I go out. Keep some for the morning and it's a real treat.

I remember a long time ago going out for a night out. Got up the next morning, very worse for the wear, and opened my sock drawer only to find a full, untouched chicken curry and rice.

Best cure for the hangover ever.

True story. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Usually the "hangover graze" kick in. This is where I go from press to press to fridge to press to freezer and eat a little bit of something from everywhere. Repeat as necessary. Then back to bed. Then repeat again.

The best thing ever is when there's left over cold finger food from a party. Cold wedges and chicken dippers breakfast... yummy!

Although once when I was hungover I accidently ate a cigarette when eating a handful of left over doritos.... :( Some dirty bastard had put it out in the bowl! Uuuuuhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Lilym

Full Irish never fails and 2nd helpings if needs be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This morning it was Alka Seltzer, boxty, rashers, maple syrup, hot chocolate, 7Up Free and 2 packets of popcorn. Seems to be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Two toasted ham and cheese sandwiches with milk for me this morning. First time to try it,worked very well,mind you,I hadn't a bad hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Get yore batch loaf.
    Toast one side. Add butter.
    Smear a layer of white pudding, preferred thickness of 1 inch.
    Grill white pudding.
    Add fried egg.
    Cover in beans.
    Add several large drops of A1 Hot & Spicy Tabasco and Steak Sauce.
    Sprinkle on cheese.
    Grill cheese.
    Garnish with parsley or rosemary ... whatever you have to hand.

Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

trout wrote: »
    Garnish with parsley or rosemary

Brother trout, kindly explain.

Zaph wrote: »
    Brother trout, kindly explain.

Certainly. Just tell me what words you didn't understand, and I'll be happy to help.

Certainly. Just tell me what words you didn't understand, and I'll be happy to help.

Garnish, parsley and rosemary seem to be causing me the most confusion.

Garnish, parsley and rosemary seem to be causing me the most confusion.

Ah ... yes. These are posh words for "greens". A little dab'll do ya.

I learnt them quite by accident, when I was watching The Food Channel, starring one Rachael Ray. It's a good program, I think you'll agree.

rachel-ray-rhm-photo-shoot-415.jpg

• Advertisement

Rachael Ray is a knob. She had a guy on the show today telling us to eat the less fatty options in restaurants. Then she made a healthy burger. To be fair, she did put bacon on it, but she cooked it in a way that removed some of the delicious fat. Then she put cranberries on it. Fruit! On a burger! Oh and it was a turkey and pork burger. If she had removed the turkey is would just have been a pork burger, and I think we can all agree that 100% pork is the way to go.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Rachael Ray is a knob. She had a guy on the show today telling us to eat the less fatty options in restaurants. Then she made a healthy burger. To be fair, she did put bacon on it, but she cooked it in a way that removed some of the delicious fat. Then she put cranberries on it. Fruit! On a burger! Oh and it was a turkey and pork burger. If she had removed the turkey is would just have been a pork burger, and I think we can all agree that 100% pork is the way to go.

Wow. She cooks too ?

If there's one thing I've learned in this modern world, it's this; when you look hawt, you get away with all kinds of things.

She looks better in real life though. Those photos are photoshopped a lot to make her skinnier. Silly FHM.

Ah ... yes. These are posh words for "greens". A little dab'll do ya.

I learnt them quite by accident, when I was watching The Food Channel, starring one Rachael Ray. It's a good program, I think you'll agree.

It looks like an interesting show all right, although I notice she isn't wearing an apron so she could end up with a nasty burn in those outfits. Still, it's all in the name of edutainment, so who are we to argue?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Hangover or no hangover, never try to fry bacon in the nude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ouch.

I notice she isn't wearing an apron so she could end up with a nasty burn in those outfits.
    NoHornJan wrote: »
    Hangover or no hangover, never try to fry bacon in the nude
    greetings wrote: »
    Ouch.

Gentlemen, I present to you ... the Bacon Apron!

iheartbacon_apron2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

For me its usually steak eggs and a gallon of coffee :D failing that more beer :cool:

47 wrote: »
    For me its usually steak eggs and a gallon of coffee :D failing that more beer :cool:

I had steak and eggs for breakfast* when in Vegas last year and I have to say, it was pretty damn good.

*when I say breakfast, it was at around 7:30am. However, as I had not been to bed that night, does it still classify as breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If you are capable of eating, then you are not properly hungover.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I had steak and eggs for breakfast* when in Vegas last year and I have to say, it was pretty damn good.

*when I say breakfast, it was at around 7:30am. However, as I had not been to bed that night, does it still classify as breakfast?

It does of course Brother Tom. I found the steaks in the surf buffet to be the finest in the great city.

Even better at 7am!

On the Rachel Ray debate. She's Hot, Makes great food and seems to be able to hold her own

DARE I say it but steak and eggs is almost better than BACON :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

A fry-up and then a fry-up in a cup..........mmmm it literally oozes out of you!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Not to bring things to a crude level but I have noticed that one is left feeling infinitely better post hungover fry up if the pooping muscles are satisfactorily engaged in a timely manner.

DARE I say it but steak and eggs is almost better than BACON :eek:

Oooooh, controversial.
    Not to bring things to a crude level but I have noticed that one is left feeling infinitely better post hungover fry up if the pooping muscles are satisfactorily engaged in a timely manner.

Very valid point. Out with the bad, in with the good.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

am i the only person who thinks hangover breakfast tastes better when someone else cooks it?

am i the only person who thinks hangover breakfast tastes better when someone else cooks it?

Hell no, it always tastes better when someone else cooks it fact. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

Hell no, it always tastes better when someone else cooks it fact. :pac:

Motion Seconded and Approved:D:D

Heard a good one today though at work....

Man: Jasysus I'd love a jockeys breakfast...
    Me: A What??
    Man: Ya know a jockeys breakfast; a rasher & a ride!!!!!:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Do you have an enema after your breakfast? :confused:

Advertisement