Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

help downloading viber to nokia c5

Options
  • 21-10-2012 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭

hi i have a nokia c5 phone and i want to download viber app to it, so that i can make and receive calls using it.

i have never downloaded an app on to my phone or used any (there are some standard ones on it already). i.e.: do i use my laptop and transfer it then to my phone??? not too well up on apps to be honest...use the phone basically really.

can someone give me step by step instructions on how to do this (securely)?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is Viber not Android only? If it is, then it will not work in a Nokia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

It's on S60 and S40.

OP, go to the Ovi Store/Nokia Store app on your phone and search for it there. It's compatible with the touchscreen C5-03 but not the candybar C5-00.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

are ye sure it is only for smartphones? how is it skype can work on my C5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

are ye sure it is only for smartphones? how is it skype can work on my C5?

S60 compatibility list for Viber - http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/196/33/is-your-symbian-s60-compatible-with-viber-system-requirements

It's at the discretion of developers to support whatever platform/OS they like. Even then, you'll find that not all features may be on all platforms. Like the lack of video calling on the Symbian Skype app, for example.

Search for Viber in the Nokia Store/Ovi Store app on your phone. If you can't get a result there, then the developers haven't marked it as compatible for your phone and won't support it.

Advertisement