Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting iphone unlock code from O2

Options
  • 21-10-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Has anyone else had trouble getting an unlock code from O2 for an iphone? I've been trying for weeks now and they keep brushing me off with some excuse or another. They just keep saying, oh you'll have it in 2 days, but it never happens. How does this work? Do they have to get the code from apple?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Theres no code, it's done through itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lcom36

WHy do you need to apply for an unlock code through the network so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭cgarvey

You apply via the network that has the handset locked. They pass on their consent to Apple who will unlock the device (only with the network's consent) the next time you try and use a 3rd party SIM in it (and connect it to iTunes).

The process used be that o2 would send an SMS when it was ready for you to try a different SIM in the phone. When I was getting mine unlocked, nothing happened until that crucial step of putting in the off-network/3rd party SIM. I.e. nothing was happening when I just connected my phone, with my o2 SIM, to iTunes. I don't know if that's still the case.

Advertisement