Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Online Climate Monitor suppliers who ship to Ireland

Options
  • 22-10-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Almost suffered a server room overheating incident recently. I want to prevent this from happening in the future so I have been looking into getting a lan temperature / climate monitor for a server room. I've found some good examples online that are reasonable priced that would suit my needs about but none seem to be available from an Irish / European supplier.

Does anyone know any good online locations to order a monitor that isn't shipping from a different continent. Bonus karma to you if you can recommend a reasonably priced robust monitor from your suggested sources.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

I'll forward on the name of a company based in Tallaght that can install a system priced between €1500/3000 depending on your needs.

Our system monitors, temp, AC units, generator (on/off fuel level) and ESB supply it sends both a text message and email to us if we run into any problems.

Can't remember their name now I'll pm you tomorrow when I get into work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Have you looked at creating some yourself with raspberry pi?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Netbotz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I use this fella - it's saved my bacon several times over the last number of years. It sends an email to a defined list when a defined temperature is reached.

In my case, the threshold is about 4 degrees above what our norm is. If this temp is reached (still a cool temperature) it indicates that there is a problem with the cooling. It can also send a nightly test alert so you'll know that nobody stopped the software. For a cheap solution, it's great.

http://www.lascarelectronics.com/temperaturedatalogger.php?datalogger=365

Advertisement