Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car detail Limerick, Volkswagen golf GTI MK7

Options
  • 29-09-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Got this minter detailed the weekend, only 10k MLS on the clock.

The body panels were treated to a two stage machine polish and ceramic paint coating, the wheels were removed and the calipers and wheels were coated in a heat resistant glass coating. The interior fabrics were sealed with a hydrophobic fabric guard. The engine and engine bay were cleaned and then dressed in a matte finish, anti-static dressing.

1-IMG_3875-002_zps6jzcffrz.jpg

2-IMG_3861-001_zpsqagylrd9.jpg

3-IMG_3876_zpsv4p2k287.jpg

4-IMG_3889_zps5ma4jb5n.jpg

5-IMG_3887_zpsw8yhw0mt.jpg

6-IMG_3857-001_zpsvy27dqb1.jpg

7-IMG_3864_zpsn8kc9ti2.jpg

8-IMG_3870-001_zpsolwriim8.jpg

9-IMG_3886_zps9fzvhaoy.jpg

interior & exterior _ perfected and protected
    Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

James, while Im sure people love to see the final detailed pictures, Im sure they'd love to know some of the processes you go through, the products and techniques you use.
    People are here wanting to learn, not just admire your work!

Looks great - was in with Ian in Elite Auto Clean today, and AlexOC was there with him, after having his MK7 Golf R just finished - the blue, WOW it was amazing - stunning colour and car - and I know someone else looking to order one!
    Maybe in 10 years, I might get one cheap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Looks class! What ceramic paint protection did you use??

Also what's the glass coating used on the wheels and calipers?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

I do for all my write ups maybe you haven't read through, super long weekend detailing so I'm leaving this as is. Thanks for looking :-D

Glenviewjf wrote: »

Thanks

^^^ Proves my point!!

And I havent seen all your posts, and write ups?? You think I missed that much on here?

Curran wrote: »

And I havent seen all your posts, and write ups?? ...

Search user's posts :)
    Lots of write ups there to see.

• Advertisement

I know where they all are - I rarely miss a post in the forum! ;) Thanks :)

Just saying, rather than a portfolio, help people out! That all!

Newtown90 wrote: »

Thanks

Carpro Cquartz UK on, body panels, light lenses.
    Carpro Dlux on, brake calipers, wheels (front & back) exhaust tips.
    Carpro fabric coat on interior.

D0pEL8k.jpg

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Nice post and a nice car also! :)

I do somewhat agree with Curran though, it would be nice if you would explain what products you used and for what along with the write up/pictures. It helps a lot of people here as we all know how many products and variety there is out there now for every inch of a car, so it's nice to know what results certain ones get and if they are easy/difficult to work with etc... I'm not trying to be over critical or harsh, but just giving some constructive feedback for the good of the forum, as we all want it to be the best it can be!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Nice job. These cars look really "wrong" without xenons though, other than that it looks mint! I see his hubs are rusted to hell too - very common issue.

What Dar said, is what Im saying.

Rather than just saying what you put on the car and pics of it. Explain why you and the customer chose it, the benefits, the drawback, the effort in prepartion, application and maintenance, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Curran wrote: »
    What Dar said, is what Im saying.

Rather than just saying what you put on the car and pics of it. Explain why you and the customer chose it, the benefits, the drawback, the effort in preparation, application and maintenance, etc.

I agree - if you're just going to post pictures why bother with a dedicated thread, just post them into the "today I did some detailing thread..."

Otherwise it just comes off as free advertising TBH :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Otherwise it just comes off as free advertising TBH :p

sure the whole forum is at that :)

my questions -

what is the purpose of a heat resistant finish on the inner wheels and calipers?
    what temperature is it heat resistant to?
    and what temperature would a similar "non heat resistant" product begin to fail at?

i'm also curious as to how you can coat something in glass without silica and lime, a mold and a blast furnace etc?

or did i read it wrong and that product is intended to be applied to glass? or to give a glass like finish.

Thanks for looking, maybe next time :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Was really looking forward to a reply...

I posted and never seen the second page
    It's heat resistant so it won't burn off and will stand up to the heat better, an iron decontamination product will remove dust left over from the wheel cleaning process easier also, brake dust won't embed as easily. Its also made of silica.

No advertising here lads just showing the car I got my hands on the weekend. I've explained why I was unable to do a write up (I got held up) so thanks for all the friendly advise I've taken it on board and if possible I will put it to use next time.

In the mean time:
    I washed the car with optimum no rinse
    Used iron X for the body and wheels
    A clay towel from autosmart
    Autosmart smart wheels on the wheels
    Eco-touch tyre gel to dress the tyres
    Chemical guys undercarriage dressing for arch liners
    Polished with reflect and fixers
    Hex logic pads on a flex x1107
    Carpro CQUK for body
    Carpro Dlux for wheels, calipers and exhaust tips
    Carpro fabric guard for interior
    Rain X for exterior glass
    Two plus days of back braking work, thank God I'm fit and healthy is all.

I posted and never seen the second page
    It's heat resistant so it won't burn off and will stand up to the heat better, an iron decontamination product will remove dust left over from the wheel cleaning process easier also, brake dust won't embed as easily. Its also made of silica.

No advertising here lads just showing the car I got my hands on the weekend. I've explained why I was unable to do a write up (I got held up) so thanks for all the friendly advise I've taken it on board and if possible I will put it to use next time.

In the mean time:
    I washed the car with optimum no rinse
    Used iron X for the body and wheels
    A clay towel from autosmart
    Autosmart smart wheels on the wheels
    Eco-touch tyre gel to dress the tyres
    Chemical guys undercarriage dressing for arch liners
    Polished with reflect and fixers
    Hex logic pads on a flex x1107
    Carpro CQUK for body
    Carpro Dlux for wheels, calipers and exhaust tips
    Carpro fabric guard for interior
    Rain X for exterior glass
    Two plus days of back braking work, thank God I'm fit and healthy is all.

I got the carpro stuff from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and the optimum products from www.detailingireland.ie

No advertising here lads

No?
    You always have the location in your titles of your threads, to make sure people know where you are, and for good results on Google
    You have your locations set as your business name!

That's not advertising.

I was advising you to share more info, etc. It would help you and others; both parties would benefit. You to show the work that goes into a job such as the one youve just completed, and the forum users get an understanding of what processes to go through, and / or a new appreciation of what detailers do.
    But you didn't want to take it on board, and you turned down the opportunity to answer questions asked by a user, and wasnt until the poster said they really looked forward to a reply, did you in fact reply.

You got sour when accused of advertising; and then felt the need to tell people where you got the products, when nobody asked. Most will know why!

If it's not intended as advertising, why bother taking the time and effort to post them. It takes a lot of time during the job to stop regularly to take pictures and do write ups...I know, I've been there, have the t-shirt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

That's not advertising.

Why did you bother with a dedicated thread and not just post into the "today I did some detailing" thread? All you posted was pictures.

Advertisement