Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducato wiring question.

Options
  • 07-05-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Have a 2.8 Ducato based motorhome for a year now.
    The digital clock on the dash has never worked.
    Spotted a Ducato in a breakers yard yesterday, and bought the clock.

Of course it won't work either, so got a test lamp and checked the wiring to the clock, like I should have done first off.

There are 4 wires to the clock. I have an Earth, I have 12v on one wire when ignition is switched on.
    I have 12v on another wire when side/head lights are switched on.
    But I do not have a permanent 12v live feed on the 3rd wire.

Before I splice in a feed from the hazard flasher feed, or suchlike, has anyone a Ducato wiring diagram I could study, to see where the clock feed is supposed to come from?

Comments

Usually these things have been disconnected by previous owners with flat battery problems. Mine's wired off the hazards. ;)
    I think it was in the dome light circuit originally.

Wiring doc's usually in the back of the owner's manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Will probably take a feed from the hazards then. And have a look on ebay for a handbook.
    Thanks very much.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    have a look on ebay for a handbook.

Google is your buddy Nek!
    No wiring doc. in the manual:mad:

Service manual

You'll need a zip tool to decompress the file. Winrar is free
    and a disk mounting tool to install the manual. Daemon tools is free

[Edit]: Daemon tools here if link doesn't work

Brilliant! I will have a good look tonight. If I go for the new feed, suppose it would be best to snip the existing one. You wouldn't know what's at the other end of that wire, to be sending power back down it........:)

• Advertisement

Electrical equipment > 1 ELECTRICAL FUNCTIONS > E40 INSTRUMENT PANEL > E4010 INSTRUMENT PANEL > E4010 INSTRUMENT PANEL WIRING DIAGRAM

The search function might be useful, you can search by part code.

Just tape up the old feed for later and tape it to the new feed so you know what it is, it would appear it's not connected on the other end anyways.

All you need is +12V for the timer, I guess the ignition switched + is for the display, the lighting switched one for the dark and the other's ground.

Yeah, helpfully the clock I got in the Scrappy's has the four connections marked with the usual symbols for Earth, power etc.

I'd bench test the scrappy one first to make sure it is 12V hot power needed for the timer.

It's probably just a quartz, so 12V is overkill...possibly regulated or possibly a signal wire from the ECU.

Advertisement