Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet connection dropping android box

Options
  • 07-02-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭

Box is an mxp and it started doing it on Thursday.
    It drops and then is stuck on "connecting" for sometimes hours.

E fibre broadband band with Speeds between 40 and 50 mbps.
    Is there something I can do to stop it dropping connection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

blade1 wrote: »
    Box is an mxp and it started doing it on Thursday.
    It drops and then is stuck on "connecting" for sometimes hours.

E fibre broadband band with Speeds between 40 and 50 mbps.
    Is there something I can do to stop it dropping connection?

Have you cleared the cache?

Also did you set the cache to zero? do not do this on android boxes, in most cases you will have issues like above

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So which one do you use? Mikey's or Tuxen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Have you cleared the cache?

Also did you set the cache to zero? do not do this on android boxes, in most cases you will have issues like above

It's working ok again but will use the advise you gave me if it plays up again.
    Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I had problems with my MX not connecting,after a bit of googling,I found this and no issue since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BandMember

I'm having the same issue - have a Minix X-8h and UPC 120MB. I've tried wifi and ethernet but it makes no difference. Constantly dropping live streams (making them unwatchable) along with stuff like Genesis etc. and won't even connect to the XBMC servers (script failed) half the time.

What's baffling though is that sometimes when I am connected via ethernet, it will drop a stream in the middle and tell me that there is no internet connection and to connect an ethernet cable even though nobody or anything has been near it!

I clear the cache before I close it down every day, I've not the cache to zero either so it can't possibly be that.

It's very frustrating to be honest, any solutions would be greatly appreciated! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Are you running the latest firmware from MINIX?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BandMember

Yep. Installed it yesterday. It's been a disaster though! Having loads of problems with it. However, this issue has been going on for over a month or more.

Advertisement