Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative Ziio 7 Inch

• 21-12-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

Has anyone bought a Creative Ziio 7 Inch? If so how do you find them.
    I ordered one from the Cretive website for EUR74 incl. Postage.
    I am aware it is only android 2.2.1 OS but it is intended for very casual usage such as web browsing/playing a game or watching the odd film maybe. No heavy intensive use planned. For the price I think it is a no brainer. Anyone have any experience with one of these.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

luas_ticket_machine.jpeg
    Resistive Touch ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

blass wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a Creative Ziio 7 Inch? If so how do you find them.
    I ordered one from the Cretive website for EUR74 incl. Postage.
    I am aware it is only android 2.2.1 OS but it is intended for very casual usage such as web browsing/playing a game or watching the odd film maybe. No heavy intensive use planned. For the price I think it is a no brainer. Anyone have any experience with one of these.

mate got one for 10 years of service to company he works for.

he says its not the worst and for browsing etc its grand but he wouldn't use it for heavy use.

the 2.2.1 thing is slighty annoying as the latest apps etc won't run but again if its just for browsing you should be ok.

I'll text him now in a wee while and see if there is anything that sticks out in his mind about it.

also it is rootable, there are guides on XDA but no custom roms that i can find

Capacity: 8GB
    Color: White
    Screen Size: 7" (diagonal)
    Display: 16.8mill color TFT, Resistive Touch
    Screen Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels
    Dimension: 207.4 x 133 x 13.7mm
    Weight: 415g
    Processor: ZiiLABS ZMS-08 HD Media-Rich Applications Processor
    Operating System: Android 2.2
    Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 2.1 EDR (with aptX, A2DP & AVRCP)
    Wireless Network: IEEE 802.11 b/g
    HDMI Video-out: Yes (up to 720p)
    Camera: Front camera (VGA)
    Built-in Microphone: Yes (Mono)
    Built-in Speaker: Yes (Stereo)
    Accelerometer: Yes
    Memory Expansion: microSD, up to 32GB
    Audio Enhancement: X-Fi Audio Enhancements (Crystalizer, Expand)
    Audio Support: MP3, AAC, WMA9, FLAC, OGG, MIDI, WAV, Audible Format
    Video Support: H.264, MPEG4, WMV9, MOV, AVI, MKV
    Photo Support: JPG, BMP, PNG
    Connectors: mini USB, 3.5mm Stereo jack

Personally speaking I'd cancel that order .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭blass

hahaha. For EUR74 I will happily take my chances. It's for the wife who has no interest in apps etc.
    Most likely will be used for reading the Daily Mail and the odd photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭thomasj

blass wrote: »
    hahaha. For EUR74 I will happily take my chances. It's for the wife who has no interest in apps etc.
    Most likely will be used for reading the Daily Mail and the odd photo.

Having used some of the early Nokia touch devices (n97, 5800) I would not recommend you buy a resistive touch screen unless she is going to be using a stylis all of the time. It is a risk you are taking, with resistive touch at times I had to use my nails to scroll down!

• Advertisement

thomasj wrote: »
    Having used some of the early Nokia touch devices (n97, 5800) I would not recommend you buy a resistive touch screen unless she is going to be using a stylis all of the time. It is a risk you are taking, with resistive touch at times I had to use my nails to scroll down!

How true this is I do not know but according to Creative:
    1. Why type of touch screen technology is ZiiO using?
      ZiiO uses resistive touch screen technology. This is not an ordinary resistive touch screen. It has been calibrated, enhanced and optimized by Creative's engineers. As a result, it is very sensitive, highly responsive and extremely accurate.

You are so right. However, I am going into this purchase with my eyes open and not expecting to be blown away by this unit. If I was expecting Galaxy Tab quality I know I would be very dissapointed. I hope it will do a decent job of allowing a newspaper site to be read or emails to be checked on occasion. It will not even leave the house. If it works out, then great I am happy, if not then my son can use it to watch cartoons. Either way it will be used. I hesitated to purchase this a couple of times but in the end I figure it's only the price of one night out the cost of which never required much thought.

Advertisement