Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy anxiety

Options
  • 02-07-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I’m in my 1st trimester and am suffering some anxiety at the thought of travelling for work. Usually I’m quite positive about trips and see them as a break from the office and you can stay in a nice hotel etc. My 1st trip after finding out I was pregnant I was apprehensive because you are never on your own and I was concerned about feeling nauseous and tired but got through it fine. Unfortunately my last trip didn’t go as well as I got extremely worked up the day before and tried to think of any reason to get out of it. I can’t really explain what I thought would happen so I’m guessing my hormones took over.

I decided that I’d try avoid future trips and do conference calls which has kept my mind at ease. Travel isn’t a strict criteria for my job, it depends on the client and you arrange your own trips as need be. However my boss just mentioned a couple more trips that would be useful me to go on and I can feel my heart racing.

I’m only 10 weeks so I don’t want to tell my boss that I’m pregnant yet. I also don’t want to draw attention early and highlight that I can’t do my job like normal because I’m pregnant.

Can pregnancy hormones make you anxious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

pipster wrote: »
    I’m only 10 weeks so I don’t want to tell my boss that I’m pregnant yet. I also don’t want to draw attention early and highlight that I can’t do my job like normal because I’m pregnant.

Pipster, I am just a week a head of you and 100% pregnancy hormones can cause anxiousness.

If you don't want to fly why no mention you are having ear aches, then in a few days mention going to do to get checked. I am sure the doctor would give you a letter not to fly. And then in work you have an excuse without announcing your pregnancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

pipster wrote: »

Yes!! I was an absolute wreck all throughout the first trimester, I don't think I was really able to relax once. Then the 2nd Trimester arrives and things just settle down. I was super sceptical when everyone kept telling me that the middle months would be so much better, but they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pipster

Pipster, I am just a week a head of you and 100% pregnancy hormones can cause anxiousness.

If you don't want to fly why no mention you are having ear aches, then in a few days mention going to do to get checked. I am sure the doctor would give you a letter not to fly. And then in work you have an excuse without announcing your pregnancy?

Thanks very much.

That's a good idea. Its mad really as I'd expected my emotions to be higher in that stupid things would upset me but didn't realise this could happen.

Advertisement