Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino scheme after emergency section?

Options
  • 30-06-2015 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Please move if in the wrong place, wasn't 100% sure where to ask!

I was Domino on first baby, went 12 days over, so was transferred to public , was induced, had a horrible experience that ended with an emergency section.

Planning for baba 2 ( I must be mad!!) and wondering if I'll qualify for domino or if the section excludes me? Will be getting on to them, but wondering if anyone here knows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I did the Domino Scheme in the Coombe on my first which ended in a section.
    On my second I had to have my first appointment in the hospital where I asked my consultant if I could attend to midwives clinic. She was happy to transfer me over but said I would need to be transfered back over to consultant led care close to my due date, I got to 38 weeks without having to go into the hospital for appointments. Had my baby at 40+4 so only really had 2 hospital appointments other than for scans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It doesn't exclude you at all, you will have to get permission off your consultant though! There's also a few things that you'll have to fight for in you want a VBAC such as if you want no continious monitoring etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Thanks much, the answer I was hoping to hear. I adored my dominio midwives, was gutted when I was transferred, so hopefully this time things will go more to plan!

Advertisement