Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Simon XT Panel

Options
  • 19-08-2014 10:18pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 21

Hi, I have a PW Simon XT panel installed at home monitored with PW themselves. We have a commercial account with G4S for a few mesh installations and they have a lot cheaper GSM costs than PW according to the quote they gave me. Since the PW contract is just up we decided to change to G4S and they provided me with the details to set it up but i need an access code and a few pages out of the engineers manual to get it set up.

Anyone done this before or have the details for getting into the panel?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Wouldn't G4S out of good faith at least send one of their lads over to do this connection for you?

kub wrote: »
    Wouldn't G4S out of good faith at least send one of their lads over to do this connection for you?

Yes it can be done, have you currently got a GSM with PW?

I have changed a few over myself but that was with landline connections. I have a manual but unfortunately it is a hard copy.
    Altor is your man here he knows PW stuff better than any of us.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 21 emtulsk

Asked them about them setting it up but they claimed they do limited commercial work like that never mind domestic. Also said they wouldn't have the right info to make the changes at the panel if they sent out an engineer of theirs and no way am I handing over to PW to change it! Come to think of it all of our mesh equipment was set up and commissioned by our contractor, G4S just sent the gear out to him by courier.

And yes its currently GSM with PW, no problems so far (just finishing minimum term) but it always has 3-4 bars coverage.

I'll give him a chance to see this so before PMing him.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Sending you a PM. Very easy to do

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 21 emtulsk

Got that there now Evolution, thanks!

• Advertisement

Thanks Evolution 1, I must remember that you are also handy with PW stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Sorry forgot to mention your Acc no goes in the section under security.
    Cheers Kub :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chafinn

I have Simon xt just going out of contract I hoping to change to different monitoring station

I have all paperwork belonging to alarm , how , where do I get Engineer code from

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    I have PMed you some information about the code. If you are setting this up with a licenced company with full monitoring features they would look after all this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

chafinn wrote: »
    I have Simon xt just going out of contract I hoping to change to different monitoring station

I have all paperwork belonging to alarm , how , where do I get Engineer code from

If you request the code off P.W. they will send out a waiver form before sending out the engineer code to you.
    They can also dial in if still connected to the monitoring station and set the engineer code back to default for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement