Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House for sale @€265,000. What should we offer?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Offer €265,000.

You will get the house if you offer this.
    Keep it constructive.

While the price may not be exceeded by anyone else, getting a mortgage on it may prove impossible.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

smccarrick wrote: »
    Damn good question.......
    They still haven't agreed on the equation to figure how to determine property taxes- Urban based TDs want it done on a size basis- Rural TDs want it done on a value basis. Still up in the air.......

A rural property has more to worry about with Septic tank PETS assessment - and possible remedial works if issues exist with the system in place, the property tax / rates & water metering all still mostly unknowns .....
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Any update OP? Did you put in an offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Lorrainbo wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=564424

Here is link to view the house.

Nice house but lets call a spade a spade; Donegal is not in an area where there is a high demand for housing. On daft.ie there's 3,190 houses for sale in Donegal, of which 439 have 5 beds or more. There's also a further 577 properties for rent of which 36 of them have 5 beds or more. I think you see where this is going.... Crazy for a county with c100k residents and c20% unemployment. The market outside of the big cities won't be recovering anytime soon.

If you want my 2c.... I'd divide by 3 and start from there. Even at a rent of say 800 p.m (which is prob far too much), this property would have an economic worth of 96k (800 x 12 x 90% / 9% rent yield * 100). What I will say is don't get emotionally attached because once you do you'll be taken to the cleaners.

Advertisement