Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTÉ's New & Returning USTV shows

• 23-08-2007 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

DAMAGES See it first on RTÉ One A legal thriller set in the world of New York city, high-stakes litigation collides with power and success as we follow the turbulent lives of Patty Hewes (Glenn Close), the nation's most revered and reviled litigator, and her bright, ambitious protégé Ellen Parsons (Rose Byrne). As Patty and Ellen become embroiled in a class-action lawsuit targeting the allegedly corrupt Arthur Frobisher (Ted Danson), one of the country’s wealthiest CEOs, both quickly realise just what it takes to win at all costs. Lives, as well as fortunes, are at stake.

CASHMERE MAFIA See it first on RTÉ Two Their names are Mia, Juliet, Caitlin and Zoe. But you'll come to know them as the Cashmere Mafia, four Manhattan women bonded by their Ivy League educations and executive success. A thinking woman's Sex and The City mixed with the wit of The Devil Wears Prada, Cashmere Mafia assembles a cast of bright, driven women who support each other through rocky marriages, bitchy rivalries, kids' recitals and the hunt for the perfect loft. From producer Darren Star comes a compelling, intimate and unflinching look at an ensemble of high-powered women whose most valuable asset is their friendship. Starring Lucy Liu, Frances O'Connor, Miranda Otto and Bonnie Somerville.

DIRTY SEXY MONEY See it first on RTÉ Two Donald Sutherland and Peter Krause (Six Feet Under) star in this exciting new American drama. Described as the younger, sexier, red-headed stepchild of Dallas and Dynasty, the series follows the exploits of the Darlings, a wealthy New York family who are mixed up with the wrong people. It will take a miracle to keep this Kennedy-esque clan out of the tabloids – and out of jail. That miracle comes in the form of Nick George. As a boy, Nick watched his father surrender his freedom and family as the Darling's trusted advisor. But the passing of his dad thrusts the responsibility of protecting the Darlings' secrets onto Nick. With new disasters every week, hopefully Nick has the stamina for a marathon.

BROTHERS & SISTERS RTÉ Two An addictive new drama starring Sally Field, Calista Flockhart, Rob Lowe and Rachel Griffith, Brothers and Sisters explores what it means to be a family in 21st century America.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES See it first on RTÉ Two Is Edie Britt dead? Is Lynette Scavo still battling lymphoma? Has Susan Mayer changed her name to Delfino yet? The answers to these burning questions and more are coming this Autumn when Desperate Housewives returns to on RTÉ Two.

GREY’S ANATOMY See it first on RTÉ Two Will Meredith and Derek Shepard finally get back together? Will there be a fallout from Christina’s and Burke dramatic wedding? And can the interns handle working with a second Grey?

LOST RTÉ Two Lost returns for a fourth season in the New Year for 16 brand new episodes. Join the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 as they struggle to survive on this mysterious island. Find out what happened to Jack and the other survivors after they tried to make contact with the outside world by mobile phone at the end of season three.

PRISON BREAK See it first on RTÉ Two The third season of Prison Break returns this autumn as Michael Burrows and his brother Lincoln continue their desperate struggle to clear their names after Lincoln was wrongly convicted of the sensational murder of the Vice President’s brother, which landed him on death row.

CSI Crime Scene Investigation See it first on RTÉ Two Dr. Gil Grissom and Catherine Willows head up two teams of crime scene investigators on the night shift in Las Vegas. They use cutting-edge forensic tools to examines the evidence making it a “howdunnit” rather than a “whodunit” cop show. The series returns for its seventh run this year.

CSI Miami See it first on RTÉ Two Join criminologist Horatio Caine and his talented team of crime scene investigators who tackle the seamy underside of what some refer to as Cuba North and others call Georgia South. Consider it a tropical blend of people, culture, nightlife and, of course, the occasional killing or two. Just as you do in Vegas, come for the crime, stick around for the clues. And there's always a clue.

CSI NY RTÉ Two See it first on RTÉ Two Detective Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) and his partner, Detective Stella Bonasera (Melina Kanakaredes), lead a crime-solving team. Like his counterparts in Las Vegas and Miami, Taylor knows that people may lie, but the evidence rarely does.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

When they say see it first, what do they mean? See it first from all Irish stations or are they including the UK in that? Like will they have the likes of prison break & lost before sky one???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

SoSueMe wrote:
    Described as the younger, sexier, red-headed stepchild of Dallas and Dynasty, the series follows the exploits of the Darlings, a wealthy New York family who are mixed up with the wrong people.

it's a ginger!!!:D :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

Why did they pick up Cashmere Mafia? Its going to bomb.

SoSueMe wrote:
    Why did they pick up Cashmere Mafia? Its going to bomb.

why? surely it will get a decent audience from the sex and the city and desperate housewives fans. If it's any good it should hold them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Any idea if they're going to go straight through to season 3 of Entourage like they followed on from season 1 to 2 immediately, or will they be taking a break?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

dulpit wrote:
    When they say see it first, what do they mean? See it first from all Irish stations or are they including the UK in that? Like will they have the likes of prison break & lost before sky one???

Generally they mean first on this side of the pond, so it would be first in Europe..

And yeah, Cashmere Mafia would definitely interest people who like SATC..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Wonder will sweeden get lost first in europe again, and rte lie about themselfs having it first :D

of the new shows, only Dirty Sexy Money looks any good tbh,although I'm ready to be surprised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

well in fairness to them they've always been ahead of the game and gotten and showed most big US series first (some exceptions though they should be ashamed of). Even as far back as friends they used to always have first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SoSueMe wrote:
    CSI Crime Scene Investigation ... returns for its seventh run this year.

Shouldn't that be 8? Are RTE a full year behind?

Wheels wrote:
    well in fairness to them they've always been ahead of the game and gotten and showed most big US series first (some exceptions though they should be ashamed of). Even as far back as friends they used to always have first.

Ya, that's one thing RTE seem to be quite good at, spotting the big shows before anyone else... Then after a few years the big guns from the uk (sky or e4) muscle in with their money and get it first then... (24 anyone?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Wheels wrote:
    Famously (in TV land) they missed out on Friends first time round. They only picked it up after it was a massive hit stateside and in the UK. From about series 3 on it was about 4 days behind US TV. The problem with that is, Irish viewers don't like unexplained gaps in "new shows" and rather than get 24 straigh episodes they get it spread over 9 months like the US audiences

Thanks to 24, it seems like a lot of US networks are starting to drift towards running the series without breaks (Prison break and Lost will next season…)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Isn't that why Desperate Housewives generally starts on RTÉ in January, despite having started in the US the previous September?
    By the end of the series RTÉ are only a couple of days behind the US, but that's because they break the series in the middle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

TmB wrote:
    Shouldn't that be 8? Are RTE a full year behind?
    As far as I know Five in the UK have the first showings of CSI so that would mean RTE are only going to start S7 now, with S8 starting in the US next month and probably on Five towards Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

GREY’S ANATOMY See it first on RTÉ Two Will Meredith and Derek Shepard finally get back together? Will there be a fallout from Christina’s and Burke dramatic wedding? And can the interns handle working with a second Grey?

I assume that's series 4, As series 3 is shown on RTE a bit behind Living but will catch up with double eps, but one this Tues cos of football.

Time - 22:15 to 23:05 (50 minutes long).
    When - Tuesday 28th August on RTÉ 2
    Don't Stand So Close to Me. Series 3, episode 10.

Time - 20:00 to 21:00 (1 hour long).
    When - Wednesday 29th August on LIVING
    Walk on Water. Series 3, episode 15.

PRISON BREAK See it first on RTÉ Two The third season of Prison Break returns this autumn as Michael Burrows and his brother Lincoln continue their desperate struggle to clear their names after Lincoln was wrongly convicted of the sensational murder of the Vice President’s brother, which landed him on death row.

As its finishing Tonight Mon 27th August i heard a rumour on 2fm's drivetime saying RTE are gonna show it very soon before the other's?
    I'd say watch this space??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

standbyme wrote:

As its finishing Tonight Mon 27th August i heard a rumour on 2fm's drivetime saying RTE are gonna show it very soon before the other's?
    I'd say watch this space??

Apparently Sept 29th or thereabouts.

They were very slow with the first 2 seasons good to see them picking up a bit.

kevmy wrote:

They were very slow with the first 2 seasons good to see them picking up a bit.

I heard that was because nobody else was showing it, channel 5 in the UK had rights, which can't be accessed here. Now that Sky have it, they've (RTE that is) had to cop on some...

kevmy wrote:

Hmm Sep 29th thats a Sat. when everyone will probably be out, hopefully sooner than Sky's date of Mon 24th,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Anyone have any idea if Smallville is returning to Rte 2 for its 6th season airing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I would recommend Damages. I saw a few episodes and it's brilliant. And I wasn't even following it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

standbyme wrote:
    Hmm Sep 29th thats a Sat. when everyone will probably be out, hopefully sooner than Sky's date of Mon 24th,

Yeah not sure about Sept 29th but it's definitely Sept 20-something-th.

It's starting in the States on the 19th.

I suppose if RTE keep up the Monday night thing it would be the 24th as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WENTY07

"Ugly Betty" Season 2 starts on RTE2 Next Thurs 4th Oct at 20.05,a day before Its CH4 Return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

I would recommend Damages. I saw a few episodes and it's brilliant. And I wasn't even following it..
    Damages starts @ 23:30 this Saturday 29/09/07

steve 0 wrote:

very good show, should pull in rakes of viewers at that time. At least tv3 show their imports at a decent time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I see RTE's ability to spoil programmes is still there. In the Grey's Anatomy promo they mention two storylines that would not be known to the viewer watching on RTE at present.

Apart from that, I don't know how I am going to cope watching this much TV; I will have to decide to give something the chop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Originally Posted by steve 0

Jebus, thats an awful time for a new high profile show!
    Why do RTE insist on burying these shows in awful timeslots? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Because they don`t buy these shows to be anything but filler for their schedule. They get many of these American shows for a couple of grand only (which is next to nothing in terms of television production) and never intend for them to be anything more than late night filler.

I`m not saying its clever, in fact I think its completely ridiculous too, but its just the way RTE operate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Completley agree with this point, the strange thing is that they are actually advertising Damages! Its been a long time since they did any promotion for a show with such a late timeslot.
    Its a complete contradiction, they must know they've done well getting the show but still bury it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I've been recording The Black Donnellys on RTE in the hope of watching it when I've time. Sat down to watch the first one - OK - enough to watch more.

Sat down to watch the second (aired second by RTE, that is) and soon realised it was about episode 6. Have yet to watch any other ones. Anyone here know if they've made a mess of the entire sequence, or just that one ? Which, I think they showed again this week.

TarfHead wrote:
    I've been recording The Black Donnellys on RTE in the hope of watching it when I've time. Sat down to watch the first one - OK - enough to watch more.

Sat down to watch the second (aired second by RTE, that is) and soon realised it was about episode 6. Have yet to watch any other ones. Anyone here know if they've made a mess of the entire sequence, or just that one ? Which, I think they showed again this week.

Yeah i noticed that as well as i had it & last weeks prog on sky+ as i didnt have time & noticed it by accident.

The Only Thing Sure Wed 19th 6th ep on RTÉ 2 (on my sky+)
    & checked digiguide below

Time - 00:25 to 01:20 (55 minutes long).
    When - Wednesday 3rd October on RTÉ 2

In Each One a Savior. S01 E07

So RTE did feck up as usual with no apology according to TV.Com as well i think last night's was ep 2 & should have been ep 7

But just in case RTE do the same with Lost In Mars (they didnt finish the run)

The series starts again on ITV2+1 ->

Time - 00:00 to 01:00 (1 hour long).
    When- Friday 28th September on ITV2 Plus 1

Pilot.

& repeated on Sun night at 9 if you dont see tonight's ep as i came across it by accident on a digiguide search

Enjoy ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement