Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help!!!

Options
  • 19-10-2007 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,
    I'm in a bit of a pickle and need some help...
    I was just about to buy an 07 Mondeo 2.2 st tdci from the north with delivery mileage for about €22000, but have now come across a lovely 2.7 A6 with 35,000 miles for around the €40,000 mark.
    I would have had to pay VRT on the mondeo, which would have brought it up to around €34,000.
    It makes a lot of sense to buy the car with no miles and 2 year warranty as I'll be doing a fair bit of mileage but the A6 is such a sweet car and so nice to drive. Only problem with it is that it hasn't got a fsh - but the owner said I can take it to a dealer garage to confirm miles and give it the once over...
    Any advice, cos I'll I've heard is the advice that I don't want to hear so far ;)
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is the Mondeo old or new model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 breakologybeats

it's the old model, but it's the 2.2 diesel engine which you can't get in the new model.
    Most annoying thing about buying that one is that the VRO value the car a lot higher than it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Unless you want to keep the Mondeo indefinately, there are better options for €34k IMO.

Resale is gonna be small even after a year.

Whichever car i get, I want to keep for a long time. I get a mileage allowance - so once the car is paid off after five years, I get to keep the allowance (or pour into upkeep...)

what do you think are the better options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

If its delivery mileage it maybe subject to Vat.
    Theres a under 6months/6k miles rule for imports.

Advertisement