Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Got a mention on the ffs scoutcast this week. At 27:55, Kevin kay-ho lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dice75 wrote: »
    Who to bench?

Siggy (Everton A)
    Eriksen (Villa A)
    Sterling (Newcastle A)
    Tadic (Hull A)
    Di Maria (City A)

Playing 3 forwards with no double up on teams, leaning towards Siggy at the moment but not sure?

They say you should never bench an 8m plus player if they're available so I would go with Siggy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Long time lurker, first post and I badly need some help this week.

I've a serious headache.

----Forster----

Rose---Baines---Chambers

Moses---Siggy---Di Maria---Chadli

Aguero---Pele---Costa

On the bench I have Clyne and downing as viable options

Doubling down down on Southampton looks a little more risky this week, but they're a clean sheet machine atm.

Tottenham have a tendency of winning this fixture to nil, but they haven't been keeping many clean sheets away this season (but against some tough opposition, the 2 goals they slipped to Sunderland raises an eyebrow).

I'm at a serious loss, Downing for Moses? Clyne for Rose? Play 4 defenders and go with a midfield trio.

One thing is for certain, my midfield needs some beefing up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Midfield does indeed need beefing!

You have a lot of money sitting on the bench

I think the standard template is to load value into your starting 11 and be cheap as chips for your bench. You must have SERIOUS selection headaches every week with that team!

I think Clyne almost has to play each of the next 3 games. It's the main reason for having him. They are his best chances of clean sheets for the remainder of the season.

no idea what to see for your midfield though - that's a serious selection headache, lol :)

Rikand wrote: »
    Midfield does indeed need beefing!

You have a lot of money sitting on the bench

I think the standard template is to load value into your starting 11 and be cheap as chips for your bench. You must have SERIOUS selection headaches every week with that team!

I think Clyne almost has to play each of the next 3 games. It's the main reason for having him. They are his best chances of clean sheets for the remainder of the season.

no idea what to see for your midfield though - that's a serious selection headache, lol :)

Haha!

It's actually been pretty easy up until this week. Yeah, you're right about Clyne, I've also got Fabianski and Coloccini to boot, I'm bottom and top heavy, though it gives me good options each week and I've been churning points out at the back. Hanging on to Fab despite the price drop, once Forster's fixtures get tough, Fabianski's get a little better.

Maybe I'll flip a coin for Downing and Moses. Or go balls out with 5 at the back. :)

Ugh. I put myself in this spot. What makes matters all the worse is that my hand was forced into playing my WC early in the season. I think Chambers has to start, despite the lower value and I just don't trust Rose to bank me a clean sheet, though he could come up with points without it.

Anyone have a time travel machine handy? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

Looking for some opinions please... A)Costa - Pelle - Rooney or B) Costa - Aguero - Ulloa.

I'm thinking that A will outscore B over the season but would really like to get Aguero into my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

RQ2013 wrote: »
    Looking for some opinions please... A)Costa - Pelle - Rooney or B) Costa - Aguero - Ulloa.

I'm thinking that A will outscore B over the season but would really like to get Aguero into my team.

Can you get Costa - Aguero - Berahino?

Can you get Costa - Aguero - Berahino?

No only have 5.7 to spend on 3rd forward otherwise would have went with Berahino or Sakho... Could potentially downgrade a defender or my keeper but that would mean points hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

No only have 5.7 to spend on 3rd forward otherwise would have went with Berahino or Sakho... Could potentially downgrade a defender or my keeper but that would mean points hit

My issue is Ulloa. His purple patch seems to be over. Naismith might be a better option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Why not take a punt on charlie austin. qpr have found some form and have a lovely run of home fixtures from gw13-20 (i presume you won't be playing your cheap forward every week)

• Advertisement

My issue is Ulloa. His purple patch seems to be over. Naismith might be a better option?

Yeah not too convinced over Ulloa for the season. Eto'o starting to score now for Everton so Naismith might become a rotation risk... I might just take the points hit and bring in one of Sahko or Berahino.

Berahino is on penos so he should get another few this season and Sahko looks like he has a goal in him too

manual_man wrote: »
    Why not take a punt on charlie austin. qpr have found some form and have a lovely run of home fixtures from gw13-20 (i presume you won't be playing your cheap forward every week)

Ha just when I thought I had my mind made up!

No won't be playing 3rd striker every week so could be another decent option. Was only really going to play him for home games against teams of a similar level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ha just when I thought I had my mind made up!

No won't be playing 3rd striker every week so could be another decent option. Was only really going to play him for home games against teams of a similar level

well there ya go. gw13-20 home games against leicester/burnley/west brom/palace/swansea you're not really gonna get better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ings after this week is a decent option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone else a bit weird when it comes to their captain and in particular, what position your captain starts in your team.

Have just spent a couple of minutes (on phone) messing around to make sure my captain was positioned in the middle of my front 3!!!
    I just can't have them starting as a wing forward, they need to be my main man in the middle :):(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Invincible

Decisions.....Wellbeck or Gylfi ??

Rest of Mids/Forwards....Di Maria, sanchez, Fab, Tadic, Pelle & Costa

PARlance wrote: »
    Anyone else a bit weird when it comes to their captain and in particular, what position your captain starts in your team.

Have just spent a couple of minutes (on phone) messing around to make sure my captain was positioned in the middle of my front 3!!!
    I just can't have them starting as a wing forward, they need to be my main man in the middle :):(

wide-eyes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Invincible

Am more concerned what position my subs start in :)

Invincible wrote: »
    Decisions.....Wellbeck or Gylfi ??

Rest of Mids/Forwards....Di Maria, sanchez, Fab, Tadic, Pelle & Costa

I'd play Welbeck... I know Burley will defend deep etc but better than a tough away game at Everton

Could the poster that was arguing for Downing please step forward... excellent shout with 13 points today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Could the poster that was arguing for Downing please step forward... excellent shout with 13 points today!

There was another one who provided stats for Chambers who never had an assist or a goal when he played for the Saints...

I can't blame him for the stats as they were real but is there a chance Mr Chambers is reading this forum:D

Wasn't Downing suggested by the FFfix thing iirc? They must do something right. Let me know what their next suggestion is. Sterling replacement badly needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

wonski wrote: »
    There was another one who provided stats for Chambers who never had an assist or a goal when he played for the Saints...

I can't blame him for the stats as they were real but is there a chance Mr Chambers is reading this forum:D

Wasn't Downing suggested by the FFfix thing iirc? They must do something right. Let me know what their next suggestion is. Sterling replacement badly needed.
    yes the chambers no assist/goal stat finally convinced me to bank my transfer rather than sell PVA for him :( but sure who knows maybe PVA might keep a clean sheet and score !!!! he was not even supposed to be in my team but Liam Moore who was making his debut for me was dropped

Actually Chambers had 1 assist playing for Southampton and it was in his first game for them against Stevenage in the League Cup. He also had an assist the other week against Anderlecht in the Champions League.

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first post and I badly need some help this week.

I've a serious headache.

----Forster----

Rose---Baines---Chambers

Moses---Siggy---Di Maria---Chadli

Aguero---Pele---Costa

On the bench I have Clyne and downing as viable options

Doubling down down on Southampton looks a little more risky this week, but they're a clean sheet machine atm.

Tottenham have a tendency of winning this fixture to nil, but they haven't been keeping many clean sheets away this season (but against some tough opposition, the 2 goals they slipped to Sunderland raises an eyebrow).

I'm at a serious loss, Downing for Moses? Clyne for Rose? Play 4 defenders and go with a midfield trio.

One thing is for certain, my midfield needs some beefing up!

Pretty decent week despite some tough decisions (77 points). Was gutted when I saw Moses score, then Downing came up trumps. Should have, would have and could have played Moses instead of Siggy. Shrug. Delighted I stuck to my guns with Chambers.

Sanchez and Sakho in, Siggy and Costa out. Time to unload some of the bench warmers for some more suitable fodder to free up funds. I'll have to start to unloading Southampton players soon too.

77 is a super score ANY gameweek, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Way too early, but captaincy next week could be huge. I doubt Costa will be as popular a choice and I have no clue who I'll pick out of ADM, Pelle, and Aguero. Aguero against QPR is probably the safe route though.

77 is a super score ANY gameweek, fair play.

Even a DGW? :)

In the grand scheme of things absolutely and I'm delighted, Cheers! In the context of league positions and a blank from Costa with the armband, I'm a tiny bit disappointed.
    Way too early, but captaincy next week could be huge. I doubt Costa will be as popular a choice and I have no clue who I'll pick out of ADM, Pelle, and Aguero. Aguero against QPR is probably the safe route though.

Leicester have been rubbish lately, whereas QPR look to be getting better and better. You would expect a 4-1, 5-0 thumping from City, but you could also argue the case for an easy 2-4 nil trashing by Southampton. Aguerro does seems to be the source of most of City's goals and the issue with Pelle is that while he's clearly class, everyone in the offensive third is banging them in for Southampton, very tough one. I shipped Costa out so at least that makes my decision a little easier.

Aguerro could have had at least 2-3 goals (again!) so I'm leaning towards him right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pelle is tempting me...his returns in his last 4 home games are 5, 15, 9, 13. Though Aguero against that QPR defence...

I wasn't thinking about prizes until I clicked the forum tab in the donedeal league I joined at the start of the season.

It appears they give away jerseys of your choice every month and €500 travel voucher for a winner.

Don't expect that €500 voucher but jersey every month sounds generous enough.

Time to spy on my enemies:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I wasn't thinking about prizes until I clicked the forum tab in the donedeal league I joined at the start of the season.

It appears they give away jerseys of your choice every month and €500 travel voucher for a winner.

I'm 20th there at the moment. Came 8th for October monthly. Tough league. My 94 this week is only 15th highest score, 7 people got over 100.

On this my superstition is my lucky team strip. If I'm on a bad run I change my team colours to some variant of a Harps home or away shirt from over the years. Switched back to the traditional blue and white home there 3 weeks ago and it's going a treat. :)

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm 20th there at the moment. Came 8th for October monthly. Tough league. My 94 this week is only 15th highest score, 7 people got over 100.

It is tough, but when you see green arrows all around you start looking at these little things;)

2nd spot at this moment but the leader is 35 points away:eek:

It is a monthly prize so there is a hope. It is not about me doing well , it is about them doing point hits and other mistakes:D

Edit: I just checked and was 9th in October. November was a great start with 92 so there is a hope...

jebforever wrote: »
    Actually Chambers had 1 assist playing for Southampton and it was in his first game for them against Stevenage in the League Cup. He also had an assist the other week against Anderlecht in the Champions League.

The stats quoted referred to the PL games;)

There is some potential after all:D

He is a cheap way to the top 4 defence. Nothing more.

I can see, however, players giving him an armband next week.
    Just overheard a guy at work who said that Kane now has his spot.

I don't think so, but who knows:confused:

He might be another Ulloa or Naismith for 1-2 weeks.

I'm in it as well. I was 4 points behind you in October. :)
    I had a GR of 1.3m in the first week in Oct... :(

I'm in it as well. I was 4 points behind you in October. :)
    I had a GR of 1.3m in the first week in Oct... :(

Nice run given your 1.3m rank.

That game takes no mistakes - one day you are on the top and another day you go down. I hope we are the ones who are on the bottom and got their ranks up. What a cruel game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Just noticed all the posts about monthly prizes (just back from holliers).It's just the start of November and already 4 monthly (plus 1 quarterly) prizes have been given out in the 5th Bohs FF Comp.Starting to doubt however that I'll get any Bohs fan(s) to take the baton next season.:(

Just noticed all the posts about monthly prizes (just back from holliers).It's just the start of November and already 4 monthly (plus 1 quarterly) prizes have been given out in the 5th Bohs FF Comp.Starting to doubt however that I'll get any Bohs fan(s) to take the baton next season.:(

Quarter 1 is GW1-GW9;)

Not sure about the monthly prize, though. Is there a chance there were 3 x monthly prize + quarterly one?

Quarter 1 is GW1-GW9;)

Not sure about the monthly prize, though. Is there a chance there were 3 x monthly prize + quarterly one?

2 monthly prizes in one of the months (1 aimed at Bohs fans and the other for the unconverted;)).

2 monthly prizes in one of the months (1 aimed at Bohs fans and the other for the unconverted;)).

Just missed out on your October one. Came 2nd. :(

Just missed out on your October one. Came 2nd. :(

That was a close one right up to the end.Plenty more to come..plus I intend to do a few monthly category prizes to occupy crazed FF minds over the Xmas GWs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've just been going through some teams on the FPL Discovery blog. They list a Hall of Shame of some of the worst performing teams that were in the Top 10k going into a gameweek.

What are some of the guys below thinking to get it so wrong?!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/90380/event-history/10/ - 23 points and a lineup that makes no sense at all!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1585577/event-history/10/ - 40 points... with all defenders injured. Has lots of points coming off the bench though.

I suppose if anything it just goes to show that one week you can pull a piece of Fantasy Football Magic out of the hat, but other weeks that same trick falls flat on its face!

AdMMM wrote: »
    I've just been going through some teams on the FPL Discovery blog. They list a Hall of Shame of some of the worst performing teams that were in the Top 10k going into a gameweek.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/90380/event-history/10/ - 23 points and a lineup that makes no sense at all!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1585577/event-history/10/ - 40 points... with all defenders injured. Has lots of points coming off the bench though.

I suppose if anything it just goes to show that one week you can pull a piece of Fantasy Football Magic out of the hat, but other weeks that same trick falls flat on its face!

The second one is a dead team since GW3/4. Not doing too shabby once those 14 bench points come in either

Is the jersey for the highest monthly points winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

My team must of been very close to selection :(

The first guy obviously favoured Home defenders over his Away guys. While I wouldn't have benched Sou defender... It's not the craziest of decisions. The rest of his team was fairly template. Before the GW, it would have looked decent.
    His previous rankings suggest he's not great...

2nd team hasn't been touched in over a month. That 14 point subbed in will prob see him into the top 20k. So hardly a massive fall. But it's amazing that a zombie team can take a top 10k spot after 10 weeks, 6 of those being inactive.

The main thing it proves for me is that good active players with bad starts shouldn't panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The main thing it proves for me is that good active players with bad starts shouldn't panic.
    And for bad active players like myself? :D

Shedite27 wrote: »
    And for bad active players like myself? :D

:) I was going to say the same about myself as a footnote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

Which two from Sigurdsson, Taylor, Wisdom and Chambers to start this week?

Hype710 wrote: »
    Which two from Sigurdsson, Taylor, Wisdom and Chambers to start this week?

Siggy for sure. Tough one for the other spot; I would go Chambers.

I'm very nervous about the midweek games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement