Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rip off car fuel

Options
  • 21-10-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

I was just reading in the papers about how most forecourts are not passing on the the low cost of crude oil to the vehicle owner, crude oil at its lowest in a long time, and the Automobile assoc, say no savings have been passed onto the motorist, there is a big difference in fuel prices in Meath, with diesel still 147.0 in some places in Navan, to under 140.0 a litre 15 miles away, Topaz blames the Dollar...or are we just ripped off!!!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

chrysagon wrote: »
    I was just reading in the papers about how most forecourts are not passing on the the low cost of crude oil to the vehicle owner, crude oil at its lowest in a long time, and the Automobile assoc, say no savings have been passed onto the motorist, there is a big difference in fuel prices in Meath, with diesel still 147.0 in some places in Navan, to under 140.0 a litre 15 miles away, Topaz blames the Dollar...or are we just ripped off!!!:eek:

I've noticed this myself, Navan is fairly dear with fuel prices. Hence I tend not to fill in Navan unless I absolutely have to.

My preferred brand of petrol is 4 cent a litre cheaper in Ardee compared to Navan for example

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Lack of competition is an issue in Navan.

There are 6 petrol stations in the town of Navan AFAIK, and two of them are operated by agents of Maxol. Not a lot of competition, when you consider there are approx 30K who live in Navan, more people who work/shop in the town, and many more who pass through the town on the R147 (former N30.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

It does sound like a cosy cartel in the town,its along time since i filled up, i do alot of driving, but once outside the town there are alot cheaper options with same brands, yesterday i put 60 euro of diesel in tank, at 137.0 a litre, some places in Navan, for same brand are almost 45 cents a gallon dearer, adds up over a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

15 miles, try 4 out the kingscourt road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

There is that little garage just outside the town, out the slane road and take a left after the ripp off new topaz, across the bridge and its on the corner at the left turn. Its now an ESSO but was a little independent garage for ages. That's cheap only used it the other day it was 136.4 AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    There is that little garage just outside the town, out the slane road and take a left after the ripp off new topaz, across the bridge and its on the corner at the left turn. Its now an ESSO but was a little independent garage for ages. That's cheap only used it the other day it was 136.4 AFAIK.

Just on that garage I see a fuel truck with the word silverstream every week topping the fuel up I hope that its an official distributor of esso petrol as that garage under its last owner had some dodge petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Vego wrote: »
    Just on that garage I see a fuel truck with the word silverstream every week topping the fuel up I hope that its an official distributor of esso petrol as that garage under its last owner had some dodge petrol

If I'm not mistaken that's a distributor on the Armagh Monaghan border where I used to fill up quite regularly, no issues. The main place has a proper forecourt, deli, shop, lotto franchise and the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

If I'm not mistaken that's a distributor on the Armagh Monaghan border where I used to fill up quite regularly, no issues. The main place has a proper forecourt, deli, shop, lotto franchise and the lot.

Good stuff !!! They will happily get my business so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Filled up in Ratoath for 135.9 diesel yesterday. It's ridiculous how dear Navan is for fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

€1.379/L in Kilberry service station this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

1.35 a litre diesel heading Kilmoon/Ashbourne.... Navan seem to be happy to keep their prices up

Advertisement