Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from Meath to South Dublin

Options
  • 20-10-2014 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if there are many people in the Meath area who are commuting to South Dublin via the M50. How bad is the M50 traffic wise these days? Where do you work and how long does it take? I potentially have work in Sandyford so just want to gauge if the M50 is as hellish as it was a few years ago

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I did a commute from Ratoath to Naas Rd/Inchicore for 2 years.

The M50 is grand but it's expensive. I used to take back roads to N4 in the mornings and take then take M50 in the evening, to get home quicker.

Any time I've gone out towards Dundrum or Sandyford, the longest part of the journey was from the M50 to whatever Industrial Estate I was going into. It was worse in the evenings.

Also, depending on which direction your coming from you might have a toll on the M3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I do Dunshaughlin to Donnybrook via the city in 50 mins most mornings, that is leaveing at 06:30 06:45 ish. I avoid the M50 as it's to expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Skryne>Blackrock, Leave early and get out early if your work is flexible and you have to drive.

I drive to Finglas and cycle across town, faster and clears the head after work about an hour each way. I Cycle the whole thing a couple of times a week, but that's training rather than efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

If you're located near Trim, you'd be better off going via Summerhill/Kilcock, onto the N4 and M50. You'd avoid tolls. The biggest delays though are getting out of Sandyford in the evenings and the traffic around Lucan can be atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Navan to Rathmines in 50 mins. M3- Phoenix park - Kilmanham - Rialto and down the canal.
    have to leave between 06:30 and 06:40 to do it within the hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Used to do from the far side of Navan to RCSI for 4 years. Not too bad of a commute at the right time, could be done in an hour. Was usually on the R147. Phoenix park, O Deavney gardens, Stoneybatter, Pimlico and the Liberties to get to the RCSI

Advertisement