Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S3 or Nexus i9250

• 20-02-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Just wondering what your views are on the two phones above. I currently use the S3 stock on 4.1.2 is it a better all round phone than the Nexus. Many thanks.

Dubhoop

Comments

Surely the Nexus 4 would be a fairer comparison? Either way, vs the two you've mentioned I'd go S3 all day long.

If we bring in the Nexus 4 I'd go with that. Love Android without the added crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dubhoop

I would like to switch as i hear the UI is alot sleeker on the Nexus devices. Prices are a bit steep at the moment.

Would rooting the device make it any better. I heard good reviews regarding cyan 10. Amy advice on what it actually does better than stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Prefer the I9250 tbh. I love mine.

dubhoop wrote: »
    I would like to switch as i hear the UI is alot sleeker on the Nexus devices. Prices are a bit steep at the moment.

Would rooting the device make it any better. I heard good reviews regarding cyan 10. Amy advice on what it actually does better than stock.

Well regardless of the devices mentioned here you can normally root it and install a custom ROM. What I currently have on my Samsung Galaxy S2 is CM10.1 a ROM based on JB 4.2.2 which is what the Nexus devices are on.

If I had a Nexus I probably wouldn't have rooted but I don't like waiting for updates or having apps I cannot remove on my device. I also don't like the overlay that manufacturers put over the stock Android which in this case, is Samsung's Touchwiz.

So given options on my next phone I'll go with the likely cheaper option of getting a Nexus straight from Google, which will be Sim free, unbranded and get the latest updates as they come out for as long as the hardware can handle it.

Advertisement