Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Insurance

• 28-07-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

I'm planning on getting the Samsung S3 but it seems like its going to be pretty expensive to insure it, do most people go with the insurance offered by the operator or is there another alternative out there worth getting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

Try chill.ie for a quote. I've never used them but I get emails from them every now and then. I think it's around 7 quid a month for their top level cover. When I get a new phone I might use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Also been looking at getting this. I was going to go with emobiles insurance , about 80 quid a yr I think. Anyone ever use " gadget insurance "?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

am interested in insurance also, any other suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I bought a Samsung galaxy S3 today from carphonewarehouse....could not justify the added €14.99 a mth for the insurance as the S3 is in the top band of insurance (BAND 7)

Would love to have it but unless it reasonable I aint gonna pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I think some home content insurance policies cover phones along with the rest of your contents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I was looking at gadgetinsurance.ie
    If I pay €212 it covers my phone, laptop and iPad.

If anything happens it seem like they pay you the value instead of replacing it.

If you're not likely to loose it then its probably not worth it, but Im always loosing stuff and letting them fall so id say there's a 98% chance that I will have to claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah but whats the excess on the policy some off them a silly money for the excess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah but whats the excess on the policy some off them a silly money for the excess.

gadgetinsurance is €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

I got chill.ie insurance, about 6 euro per month, I rang them and they said the excess was 35 euro if the phone is less than 30 days old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

How have people found chill.ie insurance? Debating whether to go with that one or emobile insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Regardless of who you go with get insurance..

Lost my one X there about two weeks ago, had a new one within 5 days

10 euro a month with VF (as one X is top brand) but imagine what i would have had to shell out if i didnt have it.

Well worth it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

hi ,u just wrote a comment on that lost htc one x

could u pls share what was the procedure like ?what informations papers were needed ,

thanks

Advertisement