Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover band in cork.anyone interested?

Options
  • 08-10-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Alright people,

this is my 3rd thread in the last 6months looking for other musicians in the cork based area to get a band together.
    I know some people only want to do their own original stuff and i understand that.i would be open to writing our own stuff down the line but i would prefer to play covers at the start and to get some gigs to gain some experience.
    Even though im 28yrs old i havent gigged properly before but want to change that now before i get too old:eek:
    Im playing guitar since i was 15 and play both electric&acoustic.i have all my own gear and can do a bit of singing too.
    Im into alot of the classic rock/metal stuff like metallica/GNR/VR/hendrix/clapton/thinlizzy/whitesnake etc etc.
    I also love acoustic unplugged type stuff too from the likes of david gray,oasis,crowded house,u2 etc crowd pleasing stuff that would be nice for an intimate pub type uplugged gig.
    I also into progressive rock metal stuff from the likes of Dreamtheater and love all the solo guitarist like satriani,paul gilbert&malmsteen.
    Sorry for the long essay but im just trying to give people and idea of how open minded i am and just want to get out there and play.
    im open to any ideas from interested parties so gimme a shout;)

cheers,

Colin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Bump on up there!

Ok so an update for anyone interested as ive seen more cork musicians advertising here this weekend.
    ive got a singer onboard who seem to have previous experience and even though i havent met the chap yet,i say hes pretty good by the way hes talking.ive also got another possible guitarist&bass player.
    i was thinking of an unplugged type acoustic band maybe to start of but would be open to other suggestions so any cork based people interested then gimme a shout!

bump on up there!

anyone from cork out there wanting to get something started?

bump

• Advertisement

still looking for like minded people in the rebel county please?

anyone up for getting something started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Potentially interested depending on material and position required. I play rhythm, but stretch to bass (though I don't have a gigging bass rig).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mavv35

Hi my names Glenn and I'm very interested in your idea.
    I play accoustic and electric accoustic and like all types of covers.
    My main influences are Oasis, The Verve, Lightening Seeds, R.E.M. David Gray etc.
    If you want to contact me directly my home email is glennhughes at eircom.net
    I live in Cork so should be easy.
    Thanks Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tenaj-6

id be interested in joining. i play bass and ave a lot of gig expeience. pm me or email me at meaney13@hotmail.com

PM sent and email sent to you guys above.

• Advertisement

OK so i met another guitar player today and were pretty keen in getting something started.
    i think a cool unplugged acoustic type 3 piece covers act which would work if the song were well rehearsed.
    Im looking for someone in cork who would be our main vocalist who would be pretty open minded and up for a bit of fun and to start practicing and gigging ASAP.
    MALE/FEMALE it doesnt matter so give me a shout if yer interested.

no time waisters please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jack Eaton

could be very interested in lead vocal. Mail me at johnmartineaton@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

If it falls through with the other guitar player gimme a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 joe patrick

Would be interested in the position of a singer for a cover band.I have some experience in gigging with a previous band.Influences are Queen Gnr Thin Lizzy U2 Clapton....Give us a shout if your interested Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DoubleBillBlues

Hey,
    I am based in Cork and I am looking for other people to start a band. I would be very interested. I play bass or rythm guitar. My influences are blues and rock (Gnr, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Thin lizzy). I got a bit of experience.
    It would be fantastic to start a blues cover band(or rock)...
    Please email me: cacciottiriccardo@hotmail.com
    C u

Hey guys,
    Just said id bump up my thread again that i had going before xmas last.wos busy moving into my new home so i havent posted here for awhile.
    Im still looking for 'Normal' people to start jamming with the long term aim to get a gigging band going.im open to all music to be honest and fairly easy going so any one interested gimme me ashout or a pm.

cheers,Colin

id still be interested in that bass spot if its still availible

tenaj-6 wrote: »
    id still be interested in that bass spot if its still availible

It is indeed my friend.where are you from and how old are you again?
    sorry i know i spoke to you before as we sent pm,s last year.

cheers,

Colin

Im 23, based in cobh.

Any drummers or other guitar players interested in getting a band together in cork?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 vantasic

guitar player here, would be interested, what are thinking of doing with 2 guitarists? one rythmn/one lead or switching around?

been playing 6 years now, i'm 19, livin on bandon road, I dont drive any more at the moment but trying to remedy that in the next couple of months.

vantasic wrote: »
    guitar player here, would be interested, what are thinking of doing with 2 guitarists? one rythmn/one lead or switching around?

been playing 6 years now, i'm 19, livin on bandon road, I dont drive any more at the moment but trying to remedy that in the next couple of months.

Alright fella,

Im fairly easy goin to be honest and wouldnt mind sharing lead and rhythm around between 2 guitar players.youll have to get yourself some wheels to carry your gear around for gigging and practicing etc :D

Hi colin, its glenn here..
    I never got around to doing anything as xmas was mad !
    Just been practicing really getting tunes off to a good standard.
    Im still available for you if you're still looking.
    Get in touch pleae matey.
    Cheers.
    glennhughes@eircom.net
    mavv35@hotmail.co.uk

bump

Any chance of a reply Colin? Or a PM?
    Or am I not what your looking for?
    Get in touch either way so I know where I stand, thanks.

mavv35@hotmail.co.uk
    glennhughes@eircom.net

Sorry mate was meant to reply by email but forgot.thanks for getting in contact.
    Im going down a different road now fella trying to get a full rock band together as that what ive always wanted to do so it will be mostly electric guitarists etc.
    Best of luck for the future.

Wheres all the people that have replied to my ad?

Are we going to meet up at some stage in the near future to see if we can get some kinda band together?

Advertisement