Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassist required

Options
  • 12-01-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Dublin based band require a bassist ASAP. Looking to gig and record shortly.

Have a listen at http://www.myspace.com/acridnebula

Cheers,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Where do ye practice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Soundlease, just of the M50 between Ballymount and the Red Cow. One of us comes from Swords, one from Mullingar and one from Clonmel so it's the easiest for everyone to get to, usually Saturdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Ah I don't drive and I'm based in Clare Hall so I wouldn't be able to get out there every week, good luck anyway, sounds pretty interesting.

It's just too much of a journey from the sticks into the city centre, unfortunately, thanks for listening anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

Great stuff. Shame I'm out of town at the moment, or I'd have been well up for it.

Best of luck anyway, lads! :)

• Advertisement

Cheers Russ, I appreciate it.

We're rehearsing this Saturday if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Homer Sexual

That's pretty cool. I like the 'diminished' vibe and the old school Dundun-Dundun-Dundun thing. Those are some spine tingling riffs.

Hope success comes swiftly for you.

Thanks Homer. Nice one.

Still looking. The ability to play by ear would definitely be an advantage, we jam new stuff a fair bit, it'd be a good thing to be able to pick up on ideas and jam along.

Looking to record an album this year, got a full set of original tunes ready to go, just need the low end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

Surely the warwick you picked up recently should provide enough low end, or would you not lower yourself to playing bass? :p

I am a bass player. It was more a case of playing guitar because no-one wanted to be in a room with a real guitar player on a weekly basis :D

Still looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fitz73

hi , i am interested ,like your music. played and recorded a long time ago in trash/detal metal bands. can sent you demos . pm if you want to talk fitz73

Advertisement