Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommended Ps2 games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Anyway.... Virtua Tennis 2 is deadly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Originally posted by weemcd
    i usually hate moderators apart from shinjii.

I feel like such a failure now. Note to self: Be more unpleasant to weemcd in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 trigg

Best games...

G.T.A. 3
    G.T.A. Vice city
    Gran Tuismo 3
    Virtua Tennis 2 (multi player)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Ok at the moment Best 10 games would be in my oppinion:

1) Enter the Matrix
    2) Def Jam Vendetta
    3) Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    4) Operation Resurrection
    5) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
    6) Tim Clancy's Splinter Cell
    7) Midnight Club 2
    8) GTA: Vice City
    9) Gran Turismo 3
    10) The Sims

However my Top 10 change weely but thats mine anyway at the moment ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I feel like such a failure now. Note to self: Be more unpleasant to weemcd in future

Get back on subject or you will be banned :)

My favourite game on the PS2 is FFX but if Suikoden 3 gets any better then It looks like it could be overtaken quite soon. My suggestion to anyone with even a mild interest in RPGs is to get the PS2 chipped and import it. NOW!

A warning to anyone who says that Enter the matrix is a good game. Don't be surprised if the hardcore gaming police bust into your house a ram a copy of Ikaruga down your throat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    My favourite game on the PS2 is FFX

It's one of my favourite's too. I finished it last year but recently started playing again, now I'm playing Blitzball constantly, the game has such a long life!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game is kind of short but the playtime is almost tripled when you try the sidequests. You need them if you want to beat the last boss without yojimbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

1) Enter the Matrix

Bollox!

PS: Sorry for the language, but I think it is appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

id like to thank people on pages 1 , 2 ,4 and the end bit of 3.

Ive taken all suggestions into account and ive bought the following good AND bad games

Burnout 2
    Run about 3
    Fifa 2003
    Def Jam Vendetta
    Legends of wrestling 2
    BMX XXX
    Tony Pro Skater 4
    NBA 2003
    Time Splitters 2
    Mid night club 2
    The Hulk
    Minorty report

i think ive got dead to rights reserved .

ive a few others i cant think of .

The only ones i play are Burnout 2 , Def Jam, Legends of wrestling, Tony pro 4. Midnight club 2 looks **** if uve just played burnout 2 .

Is smack down 4 made by the same company that made smack down 1 ? is it fast ? or has it changed ? i realy hates smackdown 1 and 2. Fifa 2003 has turned out really hard >?!!! ?
    Il be getting jAck and Dexter, and cricket 2002 b4 i leave
    and i also got dynasty warriors 4.

p.s : how much is an Analog ps2 controller .

I just hope you got them with the console because most of those games are truely god awful and you wasted a f*ck load of money. In fact you have only 3 games worth playing, Tony hawks, midnight club 2 and timesplitters 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the hulk, minority report? why?

repeat after me: "I will never buy a film licenced game again unless its a mint copy of goldeneye. I will also never go see a game licenced film again unless there is a real attractive female character who gets her baps out."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

In fact you have only 3 games worth playing, Tony hawks, midnight club 2 and timesplitters 2.

I would have said Burnout 2 was the best of the lot he bought, actually.

Sorry, I was so in shock of Minority Report that I forgot to mention Burnout 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I kinda assumed that SSX Tricky had already been mentioned, but after a quick re-read of this thread, and aside from noting that I was far too leniant with some people, SSX Tricky doesn't seem to have been mentioned.

What the hell is wrong with you people? I don't even own a PS2 but I'm thinking of buying one just to play this wonderfully addictive game.

Christ! You just can't beat doing a tricky onto a ramp and hitting a 4x multiplier and managing to land on something that you probably shouldn't be able to.

I hate you all now and may ban someone randomly just to vent my anger.

• Advertisement

Well if Amp says its good then it has to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I just hope you got them with the console because most of those games are truely god awful and you wasted a f*ck load of money. In fact you have only 3 games worth playing, Tony hawks, midnight club 2 and timesplitters 2.

hmm I prefer burnout 2 to all of the above mentioned games :) its most definally worth buying and playing

[edit] just noticed this...
    lol! I think he was talking about me! lol!

dam straight I was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

I will also never go see a game licenced film again unless there is a real attractive female character who gets her baps out."

Even still, it's just not worth it. I got free tickets for Resident Evil when it came out, and I wish I'd stayed at home and stared at the wall; it would have been time better spent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Some of the best games are:

FFX
    Tony Hawks 4
    Midnight Club 2
    Tekken 4
    Tenchu, Wrath of Heaven
    SSX Tricky
    Fifa 2003
    Vice City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Jesus how can u pick The Hulk or Minority Report or even legends of wrestling, U didnt Mention Vice City Either! If u have a PS2 and not a great PC u need Vice city, not having Vice city is like a blind man without his stick, or a PC without a moniter. Maybe you should trade them in to get Vice city cuz i wont know to many people wanting to buy those stinkers off ya. I think the Pads go for 40 im not to sure tho, thats the price of the GC and Xbox ones tho. Ps. Get Rez and Ico

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah SSX Tricky is cool, nice soundtrack too. I'm bored of it now though. It's fairly satisfying banging out a trick worth 500,000 plus after a 5X multiplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Well if Amp says its good then it has to be good.

could you be more of a kiss ass

Advertisement