Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound games

Options
  • 22-07-2003 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering - can any of yea reccomend games that work well with surround sound ?

Ive heard ssx tricky is great with it...
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i do not get as much time as i would like playing games in with the surround sound due to herself + the kids hogging the front room.

but when i do i play halo, silent hill 2 and i mostly play rtcw on xbox live at the moment, bullets and bombs everywhere and the all important footsteps:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,830 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metroid Prime sounds great with a surround sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Metroid Prime sounds great with a surround sound system.

oo yea must dig that out and try it with surround... Ive ordered Silent Hill 2 - aint arrived yet ( I also ordered suokden 3 or whatever its called ) thanks to your ravings retro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Well if its PC your talking about Alien v's Predator is great. Marines campaign with surround sound =
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Vice City is nice with DTS, if that's any use to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Very hard to get decent surround with games as most are 3d for the console or pc to send each sound to the correct speaker while the player is turning or moving is near impossible so most games use elevated music to try and hide any weird parts.

Sports games can get away with it as they use crowd noises but fps 3d type games dont do well in surround.

kdjac

Advertisement