Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traffic Jams at 7.30am

• 09-01-2008 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Anybody know what the traffic is like on the howth road/clontarf coast road at 7.30am? Have started a new job and was considering driving to work what with the price increase on our sh*t transport system....:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

sunrise13 wrote: »
    Anybody know what the traffic is like on the howth road/clontarf coast road at 7.30am? Have started a new job and was considering driving to work what with the price increase on our sh*t transport system....:confused:

God, the basturds rose prices by all of 10cent, the rotters :rolleyes:

Seriously, that area is well sorted for public transport; bus lane on the Clontarf and Malahide Road right into Amiens Street and DART at Clontarf Road. Where are you headed to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sunrise13

ah but the weekly and monthly tickets went up by a bit more ;) im goin to eastpoint business park and i know dart is handy but why bother paying for it when i can drive (if there's no traffic). I'm comin from the howth/sutton area... is it worth my while driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

I go that way at that exact time and the traffic is very heavy.
    It starts at Vernon Avenue and continues to the Alfie-Byrne Road.

You can cut a minute or two off by cutting up through the housing estates but many people do that as well.

It can take up to 15 minutes to get through this traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,580 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can drive without paying for fuel and depreciation costs on the car? What do you drive? :D

Howht Road is terrible around Killester village but is grand afterwards, until Fairiview.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

My Dad drives that route everyday and I believe he uses the Coast Road there - have you considered it?

ok so the howth road is terrible and the coast road is terrible... so basically just stick with the dart? thanx for the advice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

sunrise13 wrote: »
    ok so the howth road is terrible and the coast road is terrible... so basically just stick with the dart? thanx for the advice :D

I'd personally would go for the DART. Clontarf Road station is about 5 minutes walk from the estate and won't take too long to get in and out.

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I'd personally would go for the DART. Clontarf Road station is about 5 minutes walk from the estate and won't take too long to get in and out.

yeah i was thinkin that. its just darts are horrible at that time in the morning and i was wishing and praying that the traffic wouldn't be... as if... :p

Yeah but if your getting on at Howth or Sutton its practically empty.

• Advertisement

yeah but i usually give up my seat for someone who needs it more than me (pregnant/old ppl) and then the sweat and breath that gathers on the windows... bleh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Hamndegger wrote: »
    And there is a mini bus service that goes to and from the station all day, though I find the brisk walk in the morning air a great wake-up after the 'warmth' of the train.

The walk is about 1km.

Advertisement