Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nitelink question

• 09-01-2008 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Looking in to renting a room on the Clontarf Road (Fortview Ave if you know it).....the landlord didn't know anything about Nitelinks passing the Clontarf Road and I can't really figure it out from the Dublin Bus website anyway so if anyone knows the locality and would know if a Nitelink passes through? It's not the Howth Road, it's the James Larkin/Clontarf Road. I do bar work a few nights a week so the Nitelink is a big aspect of if I take it or not. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

According to their map the 31N goes along the Clontarf Road from Fairview as far as Watermill Rd where it takes a left to go through Raheny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I live not too far from there, and the odd time I get a Nightlink, I get the 31N home, getting off at Clontarf Bus Garage.

See here: http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=31N

I haven't used one in a few months, but I doubt it's changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Thanks John, I'm looking on the Map part but can't see the 31N?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The N's don't appear on DB's map. The quality, quantity and accuracy of their information is apalling as you'll discover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

31N , i live on the howth road and got this bus by mistake, oh the fun:D:D
    but ye its the 31N it goes along the coast until watermill.
    you get it outside of 21s. D'oiler street i think:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

kona wrote: »
    31N , i live on the howth road and got this bus by mistake, oh the fun:D:D
    but ye its the 31N it goes along the coast until watermill.
    you get it outside of 21s. D'oiler street i think:confused:

Okay looking on Google Maps...so it goes through Watermill and on to Raheny (does it go near the village?) and then back up to Howth is it? Have a friend living in Raheny who is actually asking the same thing about the Nitelink too....their website really isn't good when it comes to showing you the routes at all is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

SW81 wrote: »
    Okay looking on Google Maps...so it goes through Watermill and on to Raheny (does it go near the village?) and then back up to Howth is it? Have a friend living in Raheny who is actually asking the same thing about the Nitelink too....their website really isn't good when it comes to showing you the routes at all is it.

That's exactly the route - Fairview, Clontarf, Watermill Road, Raheny Village, Howth Road, Sutton Cross, Howth Summit, to Howth Village and terminate at Sutton Cross.

Also, on Friday and Saturday nights the 29N operates, via Fairview, Howth Road, Raheny Village, and then up to Donaghmede and across to Baldoyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

now.
    There is a new nitelink map hidden in the depths of the Dublin Bus website. (It took google advance search to find it existed)
    www.dublinbus.ie/images/homepage/Nitelink%20pick%20up%20map.pdf

It might be of use to get an overview of whats going on with the routes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,544 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That map is somewhat wrong - its missing the loop through Maynooth the 67N "all around the world" service does on Mon-Thurs (it goes Lucan->Leixlip->Maynooth->Celbridge). It effectively implies that Maynooth has no service on those days...

Also suggests the 66n and 25n are 6 day services - these operate Friday and Saturday only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

If you want to check a particular bus route you can look it up on the dublin bus website, works for nitelinks:

31n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

SW81 wrote: »
    Thanks John, I'm looking on the Map part but can't see the 31N?

It is on the printed maps, they are not on the website.

It goes through Raheny Village and out Howth Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I have to correct myself:

On Friday and Saturday the 31N routing is as above.

On Monday-Thursday it routes the same way to Raheny Village and then via Donaghmede, Baldoyle, Sutton Cross, Howth Summit, Howth Village to terminate at Sutton Cross.

Advertisement