Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin bus price increase

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Couldn't care less
    shltter wrote: »
    What changes would you like

I cut most of that because it was a lot of text. For one the making all tickets valid on all routes for 90 minutes to encourage people to use the bus. I'd like to think I'm wrong but I doubt it, I suspect DB will still change the single fare per journey, Smart card or not. Before we get the "Loss of revenue" line have a read of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carte_orange#History where it says how public transport usage in Paris increased when they introduced integrated ticketing. There is no reason DB couldn't make their default tickets integrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Couldn't care less
    green123 wrote: »
    they dont deserve it
    they are already overpaid and underworked
    they have got too many huge % pay increases over the last few years
    Fair enough, we would leave that to another days discussion :)
    The increase doesn't justify the means, i don't mind paying it(i don't have a choice!) but i would like to see increased services; is that too much to ask?

btw i don't work in the public sector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

paulm17781 wrote: »
    I cut most of that because it was a lot of text. For one the making all tickets valid on all routes for 90 minutes to encourage people to use the bus. I'd like to think I'm wrong but I doubt it, I suspect DB will still change the single fare per journey, Smart card or not. Before we get the "Loss of revenue" line have a read of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carte_orange#History where it says how public transport usage in Paris increased when they introduced integrated ticketing. There is no reason DB couldn't make their default tickets integrated.

What part of "All cash fares are determined by central government" do you not understand?

I have lost count the times that has been posted in response to moans from people such as yourself complaining that Dublin Bus won't change to a better ticketing system.

The answer always has been and still is that Dublin Bus are NOT ALLOWED change it. They have done what they can by offering more flexible and often much cheaper tickets pre-bought in shops.

I agree with your idea that the fares system is poor and should be changed but in common with the typical ignorant complainer you have put the blame in the wrong place. Unlike them you have been posting here long enough to know the reality if only you had chosen to listen to what other, more informed posters were saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Fair enough, we would leave that to another days discussion :)
    The increase doesn't justify the means, i don't mind paying it(i don't have a choice!) but i would like to see increased services; is that too much to ask?

Yes, it is.

Costs have increased, it will cost considerably more in 2008 to provide the same level of service as in 2007 (In fact there are nearly 100 more buses on the road now than there was last year so the service level IS improved)

The reality is that if you want increased services they have to be paid for, either by the government or the passengers through fares. The former have been consistently unwilling to properly fund cost increases never mind service increases to bus services in the city so you get increased fares.

Advertisement