Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRO records

Options
  • 28-10-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Just ordered a few records from the GRO in Roscommon and wondering if anyone could give me an idea when I might hear back from them?

Also, I went for the 'photocopy only' option (€4 per record). Does this mean they'll post it put to me as well as email, or is it email only (if you tick that box)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Approx 5 working days, often less. If you've ticked email, you'll get them by email only.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Also, I went for the 'photocopy only' option (€4 per record). Does this mean they'll post it put to me as well as email, or is it email only (if you tick that box)?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I like the email option as you have a permanent online copy; the printed copies can go missing or get messed up if you have scribbled on them. Having said that, online copies can go missing so keep back ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I scan in hard copies so I always have both, to be sure, to be sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

Great - thanks for your replies! Looking forward to filling in a few interesting gaps...

I've just started out but I read the sticky. Is it possible to pay the €4 online? I checked certificates.ie but "photocopy" was not an option in the drop down box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

The photocopies aka research certs are only via the postal / fax orders which go to GRO Roscommon, or you can order and collect these in person in the GRO Research room Lwr. Abbey St.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

shanew wrote: »
    ...the GRO Research room Lwr. Abbey St.

Hasn't that been moved to Werburgh Street?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Hasn't that been moved to Werburgh Street?

true - slip up!

Haven't been there yet... I've only visited Abbey St., and before that the old office on Townsend St... all my more recent certs were from Roscommon

Yes, moved to Werburgh St. Shane is posting from 2012 :)

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    ............. Shane is posting from 2012 :)

I'm still perfecting the time machine.... next I'm going back to 1850 to ask my gtgtgt-grandfather where he was born :D

• Advertisement

shanew wrote: »
    I'm still perfecting the time machine.... next I'm going back to 1850 to ask my gtgtgt-grandfather where he was born :D

Stopping the Four Courts fire is much more important. And then you won't have to ask him, you can just check the 1851 census.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Stopping the Four Courts fire is much more important. And then you won't have to ask him, you can just check the 1851 census.

but that would break the Temporal Prime Directive and probably cause all of us to disappear !

Advertisement