Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help setting up Netgear WGT624 to my laptop

Options
  • 08-10-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I have NTL broadband on my PC, I bought this router to access wireless internet on my laptop. New laptop running Vista. I have an NTL cable modem, model number EO8C007. Can anybody give me a walkthrough on the set up? Do I run ethernet cable from modem to router, then a second one from router to laptop? What's the purpose of the little adaptor and grey cable, do they need to be used and how? When do I plug in the router, before or after the disc? Would be very grateful for some help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

I have NTL broadband on my PC, I bought this router to access wireless internet on my laptop. New laptop running Vista. I have an NTL cable modem, model number EO8C007. Can anybody give me a walkthrough on the set up? Do I run ethernet cable from modem to router, then a second one from router to laptop? What's the purpose of the little adaptor and grey cable, do they need to be used and how? When do I plug in the router, before or after the disc? Would be very grateful for some help.

there should be a quickstart guide that comes with the router either printed on a piece of paper or on a file on a disc,more than likely a pdf file, netgear is very easy to set up if you follow the instructions as stated.

Advertisement