Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Access is denied' to CD-ROM drive

• 08-10-2008 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Maybe one of my sons messed with my PC, I dunno but now I can't access anything but the SATA Drives - no CD, no Floppy - not even the Flashdisk memory-stick!! If I try to read any of them I get "Drive E:/ is inaccessible. Access is denied".
    Of course I tried Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device manager but each device is working perfectly [one can hear the CDs running if I put in a disk] but they won't 'Autorun' and I can't read any file off them!
    I even tried [nervously!] to run "Local Security Policy" and see if someone had created a new 'policy' - I didn't find anything I could recognise and closed it in frustration!
    Can any one help, Please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

One suggestion would be to remove the devices using device manager and then restart the OS. Assuming Windose, the devices will be picked up again and the drivers reinstalled. Might be worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

See if you can use some of the suggestions in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055162833

Advertisement