Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish stuff you've bought and not used

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭

Whats been your worst purchase over the years. The item that you bought, thinking it would bring you nothing but happiness and joy and improve your life by at least 60%.

Pighead has bought far too many too mention. Went through a phase of coming home drunk and buying rubbish off that awful shopping channel at 2 in the morning. Bought this Teeth Whitener stuff that the women on the telly promised would make your teeth as white as George Clooneys. Pighead had never really noticed that Clooney had amazingly white teeth before but being drunk went "Oooooh, sign Pighead up" anyway.

Only used the stuff once and that was on the dog. He's not with us anymore unfortunately. Was his death a result of the Teeth Whitening Bleach? Possibly. Did he die with the shiniest set of pearlers you've ever seen? Definitely.

So what crap have you bought thats gathering dust in your "Stuff I don't use anymore room"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 goldfish007

a bloody gym swiss ball thing..in the study, gets in the way the whole time.....i had great intentions at one stage.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I bought into the 'Pighead is a legend thing' for a while.

Man is there egg on my face!
    I'm just joking piggy, don't get upset :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

An exercise DVD with that woman who used to play Frankie in Corrie in it. I did it once and then never again since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I bought into the 'Pighead is a legend thing' for a while.

Man is their egg on my face!
    I'm just joking piggy, don't get upset :D
    Fcuk off back to the flabby forum with your fat flabby baldie friends.
    Pigheads just joking riggy, don't get upset :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I once bought a set of Alan keys because I was totally going to adjust the settings on my electric guitar. Yeah!

Also bought a harmonica because I was going to invest time in learning it to use with my acoustic guitar. Go me!

In short, guitar related paraphernalia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

When i was younger i bought land on the moon. Still have to set foot on my land even though i purchased it 8-10 years ago.

But with the price of property on earth it's only a matter of time before the offers starts rolling in for it!!!!

s_carnage wrote: »
    When i was younger i bought land on the moon. Still have to set foot on my land even though i purchased it 8-10 years ago.

But with the price of property on earth it's only a matter of time before the offers starts rolling in for it!!!!
    You're a lunartic. How much did that cost you?

s_carnage wrote: »

I have some of that, my sister bought me it. Where's is yours? Maybe we are neighbours.

*goes off to check the deeds.
    Piggy wrote:

You're a lunartic. How much did that cost you?

I have an acre piggy, make me an offer I can't refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

YORE MA.:D

biggest waste of money ever

kev_s88 wrote: »
    YORE MA.:D

biggest waste of money ever
    Thats because you've got no todger. You should have checked your pants and made sure you had the necessary equipment before spending your hard earned. Silly kev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Roboraptor, its rubbish next....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Pighead wrote: »
    Thats because you've got no todger. You should have checked your pants and made sure you had the necessary equipment before spending your hard earned. Sill kev.

i should really know not to make jokes about Pighead's mam.

his wit is just to quick to escape. :D

I have an acre piggy, make me an offer I can't refuse.
    After extensive googling, Pighead has found out that an acre of moon costs roughly €20. Now considering the fact that we're best boards buddies and that you don't seem to hold much affection for your acre Pigheads willing to offer you €2.99 and a €2 Lotto Scratchcard (Potential Value €20,000).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bought a gym membership a year ago. Used it I think five times. I'll run around after a football all day but not a hope of me doin it on a feckin threadmill. And weights are overrated too. Only thing it had going was the fine pieces of ass you'd see but even that wasn't appealing enough. Only got a month left til it expires and the direct debit of $40 a forthnight can then f*ck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

a calorie counting skipping rope!

jebuz wrote: »
    Roboraptor, its rubbish next....
    Apparently you're wrong.
    Pighead just typed "Roboraptor is rubbish" into google, and got a measly 1930 results.
    Then he typed in "Roboraptor is great" and got 48800 results.

Somebodys lying here jebuz and to be honest Pighead would trust google over you in a heartbeat.

Incidently, typing "jebuz is rubbish" garners 77 results, whilst "jebuz is magnificent" only returns 62. Just saying like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

[contraversial]a subscription on boards.ie

Biggest waste of money ever [/contraversial]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

When I moved into my house, I bought a lot of power tools, probably about 500 euros of them> I convinced myself I was going to be a DIY king... I've used the drill about 10 times in a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Penalli Pen set...
    Tried stabbing through the can like they did on the add..
    Ink and blood everywhere..
    Pen never wrote again.

Damn 3am drunken impulse T.V buys

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Teeth whitening stuff I bought at the Women's World thingy in the RDS last year.. just made my gums all blistery :o

Some clothes online that looked good on the dummies but were total and absolute sh1ite when I got them..

Beauty products at a cosmetics party that were supposed to be "fantastic for your skin etc" more pure sh1te.. bottles are still full 6 months later..

So much more but can't think of them right now..

• Advertisement

swingking wrote: »
    [contraversial]a subscription on boards.ie

Biggest waste of money ever [/contraversial]
    Pighead hopes you don't mind him saying this but thats a bit controversial swingking. What was so crap about it? Is the sex and sexuality forum not all you thought it would be? Pighead blames coolsmileygirl going off and settling down. Her wild free and single days represented the zenith of that forum. Somebody should break those two up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

exactly Pighead, you got in in one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Bought a mail order bride from somewhere... can't really remember where. Never even bothered to unpack the box.

How do you get rid of a really nasty smell from under the stairs?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

"travel" First aid kit for the car.
    Apple iphone
    SAS Survival handbook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

a bloody gym swiss ball thing..in the study, gets in the way the whole time.....i had great intentions at one stage.:rolleyes:

Yup, I did that too, and likewise, had great intentions of using it every second day or so but blew it up and it's now in the attic !!! :eek: Must take it down and use it soon !!! :rolleyes:
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bought a gym membership a year ago. Used it I think five times. I'll run around after a football all day but not a hope of me doin it on a feckin threadmill. And weights are overrated too. Only thing it had going was the fine pieces of ass you'd see but even that wasn't appealing enough. Only got a month left til it expires and the direct debit of $40 a forthnight can then f*ck off.

Also did this ... twice !!! Joined Crunch Fitness in Westmanstown and was actually doing really well for about a month or two, but due to no transport of my own and distance from my home, I kind of got a bit lazy about it !!! Then just before Xmas, joined a little one in Coolmine, but that only lasted about 6 visits !!! I'd so buy a cross trainer if I had the money and the space though !!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I bought a dog, with the intention of getting up every morning and walking it. ****ing annoying waste of space it is.

Can I borrow some of your tooth whitening stuff Pighead?

After extensive googling, Pighead has found out that an acre of moon costs roughly €20. Now considering the fact that we're best boards buddies and that you don't seem to hold much affection for your acre Pigheads willing to offer you €2.99 and a €2 Lotto Scratchcard (Potential Value €20,000).

No dice.
    How bout you scratch the lotto card and let me know if it's a winner.
    Then come back with a better offer.

No dice.
    How bout you scratch the lotto card and let me know if it's a winner.
    Then come back with a better offer.
    3 stars (Potential Value 250,000+ Cars + Derek Mooneys Hole)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

3 stars (Potential Value 250,000+ Cars + Derek Mooneys Hole)

ROFL another gem from the Pigster. Thank you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Polaroid camera - the one with pictures coming out on the bottom. 4 years ago. What was I thinking.

Advertisement