Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Router

• 08-10-2008 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I recently got NTL's 10mb broadband installed in our apartment. I didn't opt for the wireless router because i needed money to spend on beer. Instead i connected the Ethernet cable from the ntl router straight into an eircom router i had spare. Its now broadcasting the internet wirlessly for me.

Problem is, when i ran a speed test from just the ntl router i got 10meg speeds. Since routing it through the eircom router, it never goes above 3meg.

I'm assuming the eircom router is causing this, anyone know why? or a solution?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You will always loose speed when on wireless, this is perfectly normal. Are you getting full speeds when wired into the router? Also, this service is "upto" 10mb. So you are not guaranteed the full speed all of the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The speed test web sites can be inaccurate, and they seem to have particular problems when people are connected wirelessly. Try downloading a big file from a site that can support that kind of speed, like microsoft or http://ftp.heanet.ie/ to get a more accurate indication of your speed.

If that is reflective of your true speed either you are too far from the wireless router or you have some kind of interference, try changing the channel etc.

Advertisement