Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Desktop licensing problem

Options
  • 07-10-2008 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi,

We have a Windows 2003 application server onto which Terminal Server was unnecessarily installed. The grace period for terminal server has passed and now the only way to logon to the server remotely is via the console session (mstsc.exe /v:server /console). The fact that terminal server was on the machine only came to light after our main database application had been installed and so uninstalling terminal server isn't that straight forward.

We have been using the console session until we go about uninstalling TS, but my machine is now having issues with this. I reinstalled XPSP2 last week and subsequently installed SP3. Now anytime I try to connect using the console session, I get the error 'The remote session was disconnected because there are no Terminal Server License Servers available to provide a license. Please contact the server administrator'.

On the Win2003 box an information event ID 1004 occurs which says 'The terminal server cannot issue a client license. It was unable to issue the license due to a changed (mismatched) client license, insufficient memory, or an internal error. Further details for this problem may have been reported at the client's computer.'

I can connect fine from any other machine on the network... just not mine. So obviously something is different after my reinstall.

Any ideas how I can fix this??

Ta!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Try "mstsc /admin"
    That's the replacement for "mstsc /console" in XP SP3 and Vista (caused a few headaches when SP3 was installed on my work pc!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

Aaah... worked perfick!

Thanks a mill.

Advertisement