Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Reapir

Options
  • 01-08-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Need to get someone to have a look at my pc
    cant get it to work.

Every time i turn it on it says no signal been recived.

Tried everything to fix it with no joy.

Were should i bring it?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No signal received is just the monitor telling you literally that. It's not receiving a signal. Before you bring it anywhere make sure that the vga cable (blue end, thumbscrews on it) is connected to your computer correctly.

Do you ever see anything before the no signal message? It may be just your video card. There are lots of places around limerick that would repair it for you, probably steer clear of pc world. They've a big backlog according to their signs! If I had a spare video card I could test it for you.

Most internet cafe's have pc repair place signs around. Check the limerick post. Theere's also a place down in the milk market, could also check the community boards in the shopping centres etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

MCS, they do good computer repair, worked there for a while and we do a good job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could be you have a loose monitor cable, a bent pin in your monitor's cable socket, could also be the monitor itself or the video card in the PC.

First thing to do is check all cables (including power cables) are ok and secure. If you have a spare monitor or know someone with one try hooking it up to your PC. If it works then it is most likely a problem with your monitor. If the another monitor has the same issue then it could be your video card.

Failing all that post this thread on the PC forum, they may be able to talk you through it. Getting a PC repair guy to come look at it could be expensive as he/she will charge you for their time, for what is most likely a very easy quick fix imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

LimerickDude, is that the place famous for ripping people off?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

In addition to the earlier troubleshooting suggestions, does your computer make any noise at all when it starts, for example a beep right after you turn it on, or can you hear the windows startup sound even though there's nothing on the screen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

LimerickDude, is that the place famous for ripping people off?

I believe it is

I would suggest take it to hamsoft i think its name is, its in the tait centre, next to costelloes, they do a good job and wont rip you off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Got a guy to have a look at it.

My video card was gone. Just have it
    hooked up to the motherboard now.

Thanks.

Advertisement