Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car not selling on Donedeal

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

HONDA CIVIC FOR SALE
    (not type r, passat, bora a4, tdi)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭dixiefly

bazz26 wrote: »
    Carzone is too expensive and mostly used by dealers. Unfortunately both carzone and donedeal have their fair share of scam merchants. Anyway the problem the OP has is not with where his/her car is being advertised.

I am not sure whether I agree with you there. My attitude when selling my father's car was to blitz it in as many outlets as possible at the one time as we didn't want to be left with the car on hand as the year changed. I know we were lucky in a sense but the cost of advertising on carzone was negligible compared to the cost and general hassle of having the car there for an extended period, as it was we managed to break a side window in it when mowing the grass with a pebble that flew out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

It's petrol do it's not like for like.
    This sort of advise is useless for the OP.
    If I need a diesel I won't want a cheaper petrol.
    Diesel cars second hand, are more expensive than the petrol versions.
    OP if you don't get any calls after a few weeks, then maybe drop your price a little and see how that goes.
    In the time it took to type that you could have looked up the cars for him.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »
    Carzone is too expensive and mostly used by dealers. Unfortunately both carzone and donedeal have their fair share of scam merchants. Anyway the problem the OP has is not with where his/her car is being advertised.

Carzone is only €4.99 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Carzone is only €4.99 now

Really?? Must keep that in mind. I was trying to flog a car 4 years ago and put up pics on Carzone but never completed the ad. They rang me to see did I want to finish the ad but they wanted something like €70 :eek:. The car would have went into Auto Trader aswell iirc but it was a bit saucy when I was selling a car worth a grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

jcon1913 wrote: »
    In the time it took to type that you could have looked up the cars for him.:pac::pac::pac:

He isn't looking to buy a car, I gave him advice.
    If you want to help the OP fine but learn the difference between petrol and diesel first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

I don't see much wrong with the car, maybe a price drop is what's needed. My Civic only sold two weeks ago after two months on DoneDeal, sold from Donegal to a guy in Cork.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

5 Grand for a 9 year old Civic?

Slash the price in half bro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think yere being a bit harsh on the car. Its a 3 door tidy car in a good colour and a rare relatively small Diesel engine and not high mileage
    Its a little pricey but some of the prices suggested here are ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

I remember posting this 02 civic diesel for 1100 euro in the bangernomics thread

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic/6326231

I think maybe 4k as an asking might be good, and take a bit less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

He isn't looking to buy a car, I gave him advice.
    If you want to help the OP fine but learn the difference between petrol and diesel first.
    You have too much time on your hands ,my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bca

it look like op sold the Honda .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bca wrote: »
    it look like op sold the Honda .

Not to me? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bca

Not to me? :confused:

ok must some think wrong with my computer because when I click on the link it come back as Toyota :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

the_syco wrote: »
    To add to that, what's the rust on the bottom like? Last DL reg car I had (Honda Civic) was very rusty underneath due to the sea air. And thus I would never buy a DL car again. Seems this is a common enough problem with DL cars, that my engineer came across.

What a crock of ****, did you read what you wrote??? So the whole of donegal is coastal? What about every other county in Ireland with exception to the midlands? Would you not buy a car from any county with a coastline? Cars from donegal suffer no more or less from rust than any other car from any other county. Your 'engineer' is talking through his ass and is as ignorant as you are on these matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

jcon1913 wrote: »
    You have too much time on your hands ,my friend.

I pity people who use this phrase to put somebody down. Especially on an internet forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bca wrote: »
    ok must some think wrong with my computer because when I click on the link it come back as Toyota :confused:

You're right, I need to go to Specsavers.

Advertisement